Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2016 4:15:55 PM EDT
I bought a PSA-10 over six months ago. As everyone knows, one of the weakest parts of the AR design is the extractor.  So I thought I better buy backups.

In over six months, PSA has not had any extra extractors for sale. I've called out to the "customer service" to try and find out when they'll get some in.  I've tried asking them in the Industry Forum to find out when they'll get some in. All I get is "soon." They keep selling PSA-10s...just not the most breakable part of the weapon.  

Has anyone has this problem as well? Has anyone found an extractor from another company that will work in a PSA-10?

Right now I cannot recommend anyone buy a PSA-10 until they can't get some extractors in...which might be later in this century.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a photo of the extractor. It can't be so different than other extractors..
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post a photo of the extractor. It can't be so different than other extractors..
View Quote

If anyone could tell me where they bought extractors for their .308 AR, regardless of make, I'd appreciate it. I know that some manufacturers sell them. I figure I'll have to try several different models before I find one that works.  Thanks (for nothing) PSA.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
So... what exactly is the problem you're having with the extractor? Are you having actual issues or just upset that you can't buy extras at this point?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought a PSA-10 over six months ago. As everyone knows, one of the weakest parts of the AR design is the extractor.  So I thought I better buy backups.

In over six months, PSA has not had any extra extractors for sale. I've called out to the "customer service" to try and find out when they'll get some in.  I've tried asking them in the Industry Forum to find out when they'll get some in. All I get is "soon." They keep selling PSA-10s...just not the most breakable part of the weapon.  

Has anyone has this problem as well? Has anyone found an extractor from another company that will work in a PSA-10?

Right now I cannot recommend anyone buy a PSA-10 until they can't get some extractors in...which might be later in this century.
View Quote

Standard DPMS extractor. Brownells even sells an enhanced extractor that should fit fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is so special about their extractor ?
Is it a super duper propitiatory design, if not then why not get it somewhere else ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
DPMS extractor here and several places sell as a kit. Let us know which one fits the PSA-10 bolt! I hope they are all the same!
https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar-308-extractor-dpms-no-spring.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I know this statement sounds unusual but does the extractor have two O-rings instead of just one -- by chance ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So... what exactly is the problem you're having with the extractor? Are you having actual issues or just upset that you can't buy extras at this point?
View Quote

No issues yet, just ticked because PSA is selling a rifle and not replacement extractors. As anyone in the military knows, the extractor is the weakest part of the AR system.  PSA is selling PSA-10s and has been for months with no way to get a replacement extractor should the original break.  They are constantly coming out with  new products and bragging about it. Hey PSA, why don't you get some spare parts in for those you've already sold? To me this is the worst type of customer service possible.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Heavymetal762, I'll look into that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is it a super duper propitiatory design, if not then why not get it somewhere else ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the purpose of this thread, to find out what companies out there sell .308 extractors.  And, maybe, run into someone who has dealt with problem already and knows what extractors will work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DPMS extractor here and several places sell as a kit. Let us know which one fits the PSA-10 bolt! I hope they are all the same!
https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar-308-extractor-dpms-no-spring.html
View Quote

Thanks HankC. I'll look into this option.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's the purpose of this thread, to find out what companies out there sell .308 extractors.  And, maybe, run into someone who has dealt with problem already and knows what extractors will work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will gladly take a look, but a good part of the purpose of this thread is to gripe.
Last 2 words in thread title "Extractor Problems"
According to what you type, you don't have a problem, you're looking for spare parts and want to share your displeasure with PSA.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont know how to post pics or hotlink.
But JP and Larue both have extractor and other parts related for dpms style bolts.
Probably some cheaper options out there though.
Brownells is outta stock on dpms extractor.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know this statement sounds unusual but does the extractor have two O-rings instead of just one -- by chance ?
View Quote

I checked and no they don't. There is just one O-ring.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top