Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2015 11:37:58 PM EDT
Before I get flamed about this I have searched for this answer I have only gotten websites with the product.

I have the Palmetto PA10 308 lower and I purchased the ACT parts kit from PSA as well. I received the parts kit today and noticed that the pistol grip screw  was missing. I have other ar15 parts kit laying around so I thought I would just use one those but none of them fit. Can someone please tell me the PA10 Pistol grip screw size and thread. I would like to go to buy one from the local hardware store rather then wait to finish the rifle. Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
1/4 x 28 TPI ?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That's weird.  Every AR10 and variant I've worked on uses the same pistol grip screw as the AR15.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I thought too. Unfortunately, either its not a standard screw, i have tried 5 lower parts kit including my friends, or something is wrong with the threads. I guess i will wait till monday to call them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you mean "it won't fit."  Does it start a half turn or so then stop?  Does it not start at all?  The threads may have a thick anodized coating and simply need to be chased with a 1 / 4 x 28 tap.  I have had an AR lower or two that needed chasing.  All my LRs are the same as an AR.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
My PA10 is 1/4-28.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]
They should be the same. I've had trouble sometimes but it's usually because I can't see into the pistol grip and have the angle off a little and it won't start in the threads.

The other problem is some lowers don't have the hole threaded all the way so standard 1" screws won't tighten all the way. Magpul grips all come with 3/4" screws that fit in all lowers and I prefer that length.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone. I took it to my buddies machine shop and the threads had to be retapped. The start had to be counter bored then had to be retapped.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Add that to the list.  Sheesh.  I haven't seen problems like this with any other AR in decades.

It's like a trouble-shooting kit with everything that can possible go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Add that to the list.  Sheesh.  I haven't seen problems like this with any other AR in decades.

View Quote

You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true. I was given this lower in exchange for some 3d printing work so I can't complain that much. It was 35 dollars and and 75 cents in plastic.

Happy my friends own machice shops and are gun guys to have a 1/4x28tpi tap. Thanks again for all the help.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top