Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2015 10:50:58 PM EDT
Hey all,

I bought this Phase5 EBRv2 bolt release for my DPMS pattern LR-308 as the stock bolt release didn't reliably lock back the bolt. When I installed the Phase5 it was loose in the channel and wouldn't lock back the bolt at all. It seems more like this was designed for a mil-spec AR-15 instead of the larger bolt and lower of the LR-308. Has anyone tried any other bolt releases that they've liked? I'd still like to find a better one for the DPMS patterned rifle, something with a tight fit and a high enough ramp to catch and hold the bigger bolt. BTW, this was on a Daytona Tactical 80% lower.

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey all,

I bought this Phase5 EBRv2 bolt release for my DPMS pattern LR-308 as the stock bolt release didn't reliably lock back the bolt. When I installed the Phase5 it was loose in the channel and wouldn't lock back the bolt at all. It seems more like this was designed for a mil-spec AR-15 instead of the larger bolt and lower of the LR-308. Has anyone tried any other bolt releases that they've liked? I'd still like to find a better one for the DPMS patterned rifle, something with a tight fit and a high enough ramp to catch and hold the bigger bolt. BTW, this was on a Daytona Tactical 80% lower.

Cheers
View Quote

I got 2 Phase 5's for 308 patterns and they work well.  You might have an out of spec lower.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Phase 5 on my large frame Aero Precision. Works great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you have a EBRV2/308.  I have two MA-TENS and have no issues.  Building a Aero Precision M5 and will be installing one on it too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I put one on my 94 SR25 a few years ago and works great.  It did require a bit of dremeling on the lever to get it to get it to fit / get full intended range of function.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine works fine on my Aero.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top