Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 2:03:43 PM EDT
Hey Guys, I'm putting together my first 308 build using the Aero Platform of receivers. I've seen so many great builds using various different rails but nothing really grabs me with the look. I have some gift cards for eBay and was looking at a POF 14.5" rail and wondered... "Would that work with the Aero Upper receiver?" I know it's a long shot to find someone who has done this exact build and in my searching I have found an archived thread where the question was posed for the AR15 platform. But any insight for 308 specifically would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I'm referring to. POF P308 14.5" Rail

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't work. That handguard bolts to the POF upper. It's a proprietary design, and probably can't even modify it to work.

Now, the complete upper might work. They make a kit for DPMS lowers. No clue if it'll work with a Aero or not, but worth looking into if that's the upper you want.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, I was afraid that would be the answer. I've got a buddy that has one of their 415's and always complained about burning up the pistons or some other part I can't remember which. I was mainly interested in the rail because it was something different.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't work. That handguard bolts to the POF upper. It's a proprietary design, and probably can't even modify it to work.

Now, the complete upper might work. They make a kit for DPMS lowers. No clue if it'll work with a Aero or not, but worth looking into if that's the upper you want.
View Quote

FPNI, i believe they sell separate uppers and lowers so the likely hood of the upper matching up is good. But give them a call, they are great guys and will help you out.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top