Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:39:00 AM EDT
For those of you who have wondered about a suppressed ,458 SOCOM:

I went to the range Thursday with a client and a customer.  He ordered a Red Jacket Arms Integrally suppressed 458 SOCOM. It took a total of 3 years to get it to him.  over 2 years to get it from Red Jacket to my FFL!  

This is their integrally suppressed rifle. It is long. . . . it is heavy and it is loud. Or relatively loud. Not painfully so. But loud enough.

Of course, I really have no frame of reference for a suppressed 458 SOCOM. It was certainly quieter than an unsuppressed 458.

We shot 100 rounds of 350 grain JSP through it today.  The recoil wasn't bad.  However, the price tag of $300.00 for the ammunition was  bad.  

The session started slowly, where were a lot of jams. We became adept at what I termed the Red Jacket Dance . . .  .

People tell me that you're supposed to clean a gun before you shoot it. I think that is overrated.

After a few rounds and being doused with some super slick Gucci lubricant, and after we started manning up to the gun, it ran fine.

Lots of Gas in the face . . . . Definitely needs a Gas Buster Charging handle.  

IT get HOT quick . . Needs a VFG if you are doing more than hunting with it!  

In short, once the packing grease burned itself off the internal  surfaces . . .and the Gucci Lubricant was applied it worked.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
RJF  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep The child Molester special.

I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get these knuckleheads to get the form 3 submitted during the Sandy Hook scare.

Jackasses is all I can say about the organization.

Then there are the child molester jokes every time the rifle comes out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep The child Molester special.

I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get these knuckleheads to get the form 3 submitted during the Sandy Hook scare.

Jackasses is all I can say about the organization.

Then there are the child molester jokes every time the rifle comes out.
View Quote

Even if you ignore the people and the drama, their build quality (or lack thereof) does not justify the cost premium, IMO.

With the capabilities and the equipment that they have, they can sure crank out some turds pretty regularly.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I really want to hear a 458 suppressed with an advanced baffle stack.

Templar Tactical is supposed to have a 458 can.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I really want to hear a 458 suppressed with an advanced baffle stack.

Templar Tactical is supposed to have a 458 can.
View Quote

You need some 500+gr subsonics to get it "quiet" no matter what can is on it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
We were missing those.  

I didn't buy the ammo and the subsonics didn't make it in time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess if you can afford the kid touchers prices, you shouldn't flinch at buying ammo at that price either

here is a short video of a .458 SOCOM suppressed from Marty's site

https://youtu.be/AM1E-qRJaKs

I can never get this crappy software to embed videos
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess if you can afford the kid touchers prices, you shouldn't flinch at buying ammo at that price either

here is a short video of a .458 SOCOM suppressed from Marty's site

https://youtu.be/AM1E-qRJaKs

I can never get this crappy software to embed videos
View Quote

1. non-members can't embed videos
2. you have to take the  "s" out of "https" to embed on most forums.  not sure why Youtube added that to links...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want it REALLY quiet, you need to shoot hand loads with about 14 grains of Trail Boss behind a 400-500 grain bullet.
Even shooting subsonic with a powder like Reloader 7, it still won't be very quiet.

Tony

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a Wilson Combat 458 suppressor, it isn't 300blk quiet, but pretty impressive with 500gr subs
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure if you can do this with an integrally suppressed rifle but if you want your 458 to be really quiet run your suppressor wet with subsonic handloads.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't own anything with Red Jacket on it, just down right nauseating.  Ignoring the RJF aspect, an integrally suppressed big bore AR is pretty cool.  I'd love to have a suppressor for my Beowulf, would make an awesome hogzilla hunter.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the same problem with 3 saiga 12's I had converted from him. Took about 1.5 yrs to get them back to me. Next time, I will  go with Tony. That being said, I bet that thing is a blast to shoot.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top