Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2015 1:31:04 PM EDT
Anyone else have trouble with pulling the bolt back once you have chambered a round? I've read that some guys have trouble with rounds chambering. My rifle chambers fine, both by pulling the CH and using the bolt release. Mine just seems to be tight and requires a lot of force to pull the bolt to the rear to eject the round. Once you get it started it goes good, ejects fine and all that stuff, just very hard at first and requires 2 hands. FWIW I have a PSA upper, the PSA nickol boron BCG, and the SASS 18" fluted barrel. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory ammo or reloads? If its reloads you need to push the shoulder back a bit farther, if factory then your headspace is too tight and you need to talk to PSA about swapping out the bolt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually just snap caps right now. I was gonna try live rounds but wanna to check with snap caps first
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
For what it may be worth, I had the same issue, when i had a loaded round chambered it required 2 hands to pull the bolt back to clear the chamber.
PA10 16" Stainless Steel 308 SS15
I lubed it up and took it to the range, shot about 50 rounds, had a couple failure to chamber a round on full 10rd pmag.

This issues cleared up after shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For what it may be worth, I had the same issue, when i had a loaded round chambered it required 2 hands to pull the bolt back to clear the chamber.
I lubed it up and took it to the range, shot about 50 rounds, had a couple failure to chamber a round on full 10rd pmag.

View Quote

Thanks, What kind of bcg?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the standard one
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a PSA NiB BCG in my Maten. I had the same problem. I took apart, touched up, cleaned and lubed the ejector and extractor and put it back together. Headspace checked out fine. Shoots great with not a single failure yet. And after the first 100 rds or so it smoothed up a lot. Not as easy as my ar15s but still acceptable. If I had to guess it had a lot to do with the NiB coating. I understand a lot of people don't like it for that reason, but I don't mind te tight tolerances on a gun I built for precision. If I built it as a battle rifle I would probably be changing the bolt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a PSA NiB BCG in my Maten. I had the same problem. I took apart, touched up, cleaned and lubed the ejector and extractor and put it back together. Headspace checked out fine. Shoots great with not a single failure yet. And after the first 100 rds or so it smoothed up a lot. Not as easy as my ar15s but still acceptable. If I had to guess it had a lot to do with the NiB coating. I understand a lot of people don't like it for that reason, but I don't mind te tight tolerances on a gun I built for precision. If I built it as a battle rifle I would probably be changing the bolt.
View Quote

Makes sense. Since Jim's post I have taken it all apart, lubed it really well and cycled dummy rounds 50 times. Its already running a little smoother, still a little tight but not nearly as hard to pull it back as it once was. Thanks Guys
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top