Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:28:23 PM EDT
The takedown pin.  But hey, they never need to be replaced, right?  

Wrong.

The slot in mine was cut so close to the end of the pin that the atom's worse of metal that was left between the slot and the end of the pin is breaking away.

OUT OF STOCK

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-10/psa-pa10-take-down-pin.html

Let's see.   It will probably take PSA months to get some more made and it takes them a month to ship stuff they show in stock across town.

I might have a new pin by the first of summer!  

I just started ordering parts to build an Aero M5.  Going to scrap the PA-10 for parts.

I can't take anymore.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
jb weld will fix that till u get another.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
jb weld will fix that till u get another.
View Quote

I was thinking a piece of duct tape on the side of the receiver to keep it from falling out.

no...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
it would be a very easy thing for a machine shop to custom make you a new one...i bet it wouldn't cost that much if you find  a job shop that's low on work...especially if you find a pin of similar, or slightly larger diameter than what you need it to be so it can be shaved down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't think your rifle would chamber rounds anyway?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
have you contacted PSA?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't think your rifle would chamber rounds anyway?
View Quote

The upper i got from PSA wouldn't.  I built a new upper with a Rainier barrel.  It works fine.

See post here

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/666045_PSA_PA_10_completed__scoped_up__and_ready_for_the_range___updated_with_range_report.html

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
have you contacted PSA?
View Quote

You're kidding, right?  It just took me 50 days to finally get a refund for an upper they sent me, that i ordered Nov 25th, that i got Dec 12th, that i hand delivered back to them Dec 13th, that they never fixed, that would not chamber a cartridge.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an takedown pin from TR Enabling that works in there.  It's a shade too long, but works.  I don't know if they just sell the pin, though.  I got it as part of a build kit.

That makes me think the only "proprietary" aspect of it is the length.  You can probably get one somewhere else if you don't mind that it sticks out a little.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an takedown pin from TR Enabling that works in there.  It's a shade too long, but works.  I don't know if they just sell the pin, though.  I got it as part of a build kit.

That makes me think the only "proprietary" aspect of it is the length.  You can probably get one somewhere else if you don't mind that it sticks out a little.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5607/15351929858_19ea57eb90_z.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3943/15352498690_0724510218_z.jpg

View Quote

That's not too bad.  I might have to try some other takedown pins.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
contact the psa rep in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top