Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:35:22 PM EDT
Hi all,

I am currently making my parts list for a LR308 style build (so i can spend my tax refund as soon as i get it)
Here is my issue: I want a free-float handguard, but can't seem to find one that matches my criteria and they are all starting to look the same to my now tired eyes. Maybe you all can help me?

Condition 1: No ugly parts (i am trying as hard as i can to keep the ugly stick figure parts out of this rifle) i like my firearms to look as good as they perform. No, if you make a suggestion i don't like, i won't call it ugly, i know looks are entirely subjective. not here to anger anyone.

Condition 2: this will go over a 20" barrel with rifle length gas tube and low-pro gas block. I would like a fairly long tube (15 - 17 inches or so)

Now the wish list:

I am not looking for keymod parts, but it's not out of the question.

1. I really want permanent 1913 rails. Locations where I really want the rails:
-1 or 2 inches at the muzzle end, at the 12:00 position. (not full length)
-full length rails at the 1:30 and 10:30 positions (45° off of top, both sides)

2. Provision for a bipod mount

3. Flat or fairly flat bottom surface

4. Prefer aluminum over carbon fiber

5. Tough (both barrel nut configuration and the actual structure of the tube)

6..... how more difficult can i make this? I really want permanent rails at the locations listed above, and a flat(ish) bottom. I really like the diamond head t-308,  but it has a full lenght rail that wont line up with my tall style upper, so i kicked it out of the list for now. Diamondhead

Hope you guys have some good suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top