Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:51:26 AM EDT
So the most common twist rate for these are either 1 in 14" or 1 in 18", and the bore diameter is .458.  I have an Oly Arms .45 acp upper, which has a 1 in 16" twist.  Does anyone see a problem with a conversion to SOCOM?  Obviously I would need a new bolt, and an enlarged ejection port.

I would appreciate input from those that are less dense as I.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So the most common twist rate for these are either 1 in 14" or 1 in 18", and the bore diameter is .458.  I have an Oly Arms .45 acp upper, which has a 1 in 16" twist.  Does anyone see a problem with a conversion to SOCOM?  Obviously I would need a new bolt, and an enlarged ejection port.

I would appreciate input from those that are less dense as I.

View Quote

Re-Boring your chamber, sir?

Technically?

http://www.tromix.com/socom-parts.htm

Then get on with it.

Technically II?  da-da-damn pikers.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah.  I posted before doing much research.  I think I will sell my .45acp stuff and build a SOCOM upper.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Smart move.  You will be many bucks ahead and no safety concerns.  For quick shipping and best price, not to mention the correct chamber, contact TROMIX.  He knows it all about the .458 SOCOM and he and Marty of Teppo Jutsu are the developers of the round.  Plus, it was Tony who made the AR-15 work with it so if anyone knows about the workings of AR-15s and the .458 SOCOM, it's Tony.

Interesting to see my avatar in DaveS's screen shot.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top