Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 8:53:59 AM EDT
I recently bought a KAC SR25 ECC off of a buddy of mine.  It came with the KAC 762 MAMS muzzle device.  From what my friend told me I can only use either the MAMS or QDC flash hider, as they are specifically designed to create enough back pressure to eliminate any short stroke problems that might occur with a 16" 7.62 barrel with a rifle length gas system.  Is this true, or can I throw a SureFire SOCOM 762 Muzzle Brake on it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
First off, congrats on your purchase.  I use the MAMS on my ECC but I have friends who use AAC brakes on their ECC and EMC so I would assume Surefires would work as well.  A muzzle device doesn't affect the gas system by the way since the bullet passes the gas block before exiting the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Your friend has misinformed you. However, most KAC enthusiasts, including myself, regard the MAMS as the best. Let me know if you remove it and want to sell it via PM.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your friend has misinformed you. However, most KAC enthusiasts, including myself, regard the MAMS as the best. Let me know if you remove it and want to sell it via PM.
View Quote

I second this. MAMS > SF brake any day. I literally shot them back to back on the same rifle, and the MAMS did a better job at controlling muzzle movement with less side concussion.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top