Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 8:02:54 AM EDT
I posted this over in the pistol caliber carbines section and got zero replies.  Perhaps somebody over here can lead me in the right direction.  I'm looking to get a Quarter Circle 10 Glock lower for a 40 S&W build. Which buffer do you guys think would work best for this? Looks like RRA's LAR-40 uses an H-2; is that the way to go?  Also, a standard stripped upper is meant to be used on these, correct?  
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a 45 buffer from Heavy Buffers, mine works great with it, I have a 9MM upper and it works fine with it. I also have the Wolf heavy buffer spring.

A regular upper works fine. I used one of these since I didn't need the bolt assist.

http://www.blacksheep6tactical.com/

Aero Precision also makes a similar one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't have an answer for you but have been very interested in a 40 cal but in a 10.5 inch barrel / sig brace set up. Can you post pics and specs of your build when your done?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a 45 buffer from Heavy Buffers, mine works great with it, I have a 9MM upper and it works fine with it. I also have the Wolf heavy buffer spring.

A regular upper works fine. I used one of these since I didn't need the bolt assist.

http://www.blacksheep6tactical.com/

Aero Precision also makes a similar one.
View Quote

Thanks, I saw Slash's buffers but was hoping I could find a cheaper alternative.  I may have to go this way unless I get enough people saying something else will work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't have an answer for you but have been very interested in a 40 cal but in a 10.5 inch barrel / sig brace set up. Can you post pics and specs of your build when your done?
View Quote

I will eventually post pics on here but it will be a while before it is complete.  I plan to use the QC10 lower, 5.5" barrel (or whatever similar length they come out with), and bolt, Bravo Sopmod stock, AAC Ti-Rant .45 suppressor, 13" Seekins BAR rail (as long as the suppressor will stick out a little, which it should) or else the 12" bar or MI quadrail.  Of course this is all a few thousand dollars away and will probably change between now and when its done.  Heck, a couple weeks ago I thought my next build would be 300 blackout, so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have a 300 blk SBR with suppressor and it is one of my favorite guns to shoot. It has a push for recoil rather than a snap.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top