Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2014 1:23:02 PM EDT
So I have been researching this for quite some time and seem to be chasing my tail. I have have heard conflicting stories where some people say they work great on POF's and others are shooting 8'' to 10'' below their bulls eye at 50 - 100 yards.

Does anyone know if Troy Micro Sights will work on a POF GEN 3 P308. I have an EOTech 552 and an EOTech 3x Magnifier on there as well. Someone out there must have tried this set up before.

This is what I do know or at least what I think I know.

1.) POF says to use Diamondhead Micro-D only but I think I would prefer Troy. Troy Micro's are cheaper than Diamondhead Micro-D on Amazon and the Tritium Troy Micros are only about $40 more than the Diamonhead Micro-D sights. (at least on Amazon)

2.) Well that's about it. I have heard so many different things I don't know what to think anymore.  

3.) Oh yeah almost forgot. I do not want to spend $200 on sights to have to file down the *expletive* front sight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody? i guess I can buy them on Amazon and if they don't work I can easily return them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Well since it doesn't look like I'm going to get any feed back here I just broke down and ordered some Troy Micros on Amazon. They were like $172 shipped so not a bad price and I guess if they don't work i can just return them and order some Diamondhead Micro-D's.

I will update this next weekend when I get the sights on and try them out at the range if anyone cares to know if they will work on a POF P308 with EOTech 552 and EOTech 3x Magnifier
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Dammit, I wish I saw this. I have a set of Troy Micro sights I was saving for a POF that I could have gotten rid of until I decided to pony up and buy a POF.

They will work. I have tried them on a POF. It has the same added height as the RISR system as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Well mine should be here today. Hopefully I'll get to try them out this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I tried the Troy sights out this weekend. Unfortunately with the front post all the way down I was shooting several inches low at 100 yards.

Like I said not sure why some report these sights work for POF and some don't...
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
For those of you with Gen 3 POF P-308: Get the Diamondhead Micro D perfect cowitness out the package. These will certainly work.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top