Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2014 5:05:57 AM EDT
So I am accumulating parts for my sbr build and I had a question about enhancing reliability.  Will an adjustable gas block ensure that I will have a smoothly operating short barrel carbine?   And once you get it set where the sbr is running well, how often do you have to adjust it?   With every different type of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Set it with the weakest ammo you plan on shooting. An adjustable gas block, muzzle brake, and JP SCS makes for one sweet shooting .308. Doesn't even feel like an AR anymore.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
so does the jp scs system work better than heavy buffers.com   xtra heavy buffer?     thats what i was planning on running.........which is better for an 308 maten sbr?
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure regarding a SBR. I assume it would work fine. You can change the springs out in it to compensate for different weight BCG's and gas systems.
Being able to control your gas flow at the gas port lets you use whichever weight buffers you want. After trying rifle and carbine buffers, I prefer the JP SCS.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top