Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 12:54:10 PM EDT
I'm getting an 8.2" Noveske upper (hand lapped) for an SBR build. I will use a 45 Osprey on it until I get the stamp for my AAC 762SDN6.
I know the short barrels are supposed to use an H2 buffer. But what weight H2 buffer do I get? There are numerous H2 buffers, all with different weights. I think I have found H2 buffers with weights ranging from 3.8 oz to 5 oz.
So what weight should I be looking for?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using an Enidine in my 9" AAC upper.  Cycles fine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using a BCM H2 in my Noveske 10.2 and it cycles everything.  Suppressed or not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 8.2" Noveske barrel and an SDN-6.

I have been using a Spike's ST-3, the only issue I have had is with Hornady 208gr A-max bullets UN-suppressed, it ejects them all but will not lock the bolt back.

everything else works just fine suppressed and un-suppressed.

I have thought about a JP silent buffer thing.

I have used the Spikes ST-2 no problems, with anything.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
There's only one proper H2 weight. It comes from putting two tungsten and one steel weight in a standard buffer body.

Get a standard H2 instead of the tungsten filled contraptions.

Here: H2 buffers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Apparently Ranier says H2 is 4.6oz.
ST-T3 buffer weighs 5.4oz.
ST-T2 buffer weighs 4.05oz.

So I guess it's a pretty wide range that should work.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top