Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:51:50 AM EDT
I ran across one if these. Looks cool and I think it would be fun to own. I'm concerned about how it would run on cheap bulk 398/762. Anyone herd if POF before? How are they as far as quality?  It would be hard to build an ar10 out of quality parts for 2100. If these guns are gtg I may have to jump on it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They used to be really solid guns(its been a while sense i was in the AR game). I would go for it if i was you and had the money. Warning though its bound to be loud as hell with a barrel that short. I seam to remember some of their guns may have had problems with the piston getting worn or breaking but i can't rightly remember. If you had any issues i'm pretty sure they would fix it. Anyways i think it would be a fun little shooter. How it would run with steel cased cheap stuff i don't know. I'm sure it would run with cheap surplus though. If you pick one up please post pictures or a video.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
POF is GTG! I have a 14.5" P-415(5.56) coming up on 1k rounds and it's been 100% reliable, not a single weapon related malfunction. The only negative you will hear is how heavy it is and their CS sucks but I can't attest to either. I've never had a problem that I needed CS and I've got DI ARs that weigh just as much as my POF(though mine does have the MMR 9SX rail). What I like most about my POF is the accuracy(laser like) and the clean operation(no comparison to DI). For $2100 I don't think you will ever regret it. Oh yeah almost forgot... it will eat/devour anything you feed it.

I'd also suggest going to the POF Industry forum for more info than you will get here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
my best friend has both 308 and 556 in 14.5 and well over 2k rounds through both with no problems,
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 14.5" .308 of theirs and it has been flawless. Frank is a solid person and he stands behind everything he builds. It doesn't  matter what you buy you can always find someone who will have had some issue with a product. Anything with moving parts is bound to experience a problem but there are plenty of their rifles out there. Stay away from Hogan, they have ripped off Franks designs and produced copies and POF will not warranty Hogans products.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
No worries, me and a buddy have the POF 308's and they work just great.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#7]
My 20" p-308 has been great
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top