Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2013 11:11:54 AM EDT
Not pictured is two PSA Uppers and two PSA Lowers.

One Phase 5 Pistol buffer tube

2 PTAC 5.56 BCG
2 Charging handles
2 300 AAC Blackout dust covers.
2 PSA upper build kits
2 PSA Lower build kits.

Plan is to build one 16 in Carbine and one 8.5 inch pistol (To SBR eventually)

Wife wants to go hunting next year, so that was the premise to build her a 16 inch gun. With Black Friday, I found deals and could build two for a good price.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
good luck with that PTAC bcg gear.....  in for pics, regardless.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What do the PTAC BCG's look like?

My stripped upper is subpar at best. Bone dry, horrid uneven annodizing, and It took me awhile to get it to attach to my arfcom billet lower.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What a lot of people mistakenly think, is that just because Palmetto sells it, and "PTAC" starts with the same letter as "Palmetto", it must be an in-house manufacture.

PTAC is not Palmetto State Armory, any more than Troy gear is made by Bravo Company.  They're just the reseller.  Given the materials used to make the PTAC BCG, and the lack of any information other than Palmetto saying "they're a new manufacturer", frankly I'll pay a few bucks more and get a CMT/Stag from Rainier.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It all may prove to be true...

Worse case scenario, I have to pull a BCG out of other AR's to shoot.

If I have to get new ones, It will be a lesson learned.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
i certainly wasn't trying to rip on you; if nothing else it's a stop-gap that gets you shooting.  given the price they were selling 'em for recently, i can't blame a guy for picking one up to try.  

probably work fine in a plinker rifle.  i just personally build my stuff to work as a SHTF type gun, in case it actually ever does.  given the fact i'm between baltimore and DC, all manner of things could make that true.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i certainly wasn't trying to rip on you; if nothing else it's a stop-gap that gets you shooting.  given the price they were selling 'em for recently, i can't blame a guy for picking one up to try.  

probably work fine in a plinker rifle.  i just personally build my stuff to work as a SHTF type gun, in case it actually ever does.  given the fact i'm between baltimore and DC, all manner of things could make that true.  
View Quote

No offense was taken...

These will be AR #'s 5 and 6 for me. Not my GoTo guns.

Wife wants a hunting rifle and so I am building a couple 300 AAC's on the cheap to see if she will like it. If she does, the guns will be improved in time.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top