Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:14:20 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a good buffer for a precision .308 plan on using a jp polished spring and shadow ops bolt
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with a Slash Car-10 5.6oz buffer on mine.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What stock are you using?  That determines whether or not you need a carbine or rifle length buffer.  Are you using an adjustable gas block?  If you are using an adjustable gas block, I wouldn't waste your money on a $100 heavy buffer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What stock are you using?  That determines whether or not you need a carbine or rifle length buffer.  Are you using an adjustable gas block?  If you are using an adjustable gas block, I wouldn't waste your money on a $100 heavy buffer.
View Quote

I had extraction/ejection problems with my LR 308 and an adjustable gas block

did not resolve the problem. I installed a Slash Heavy buffer and spring and

this cured the problem.

Timing one of these rifles is a lot more touchy than an AR15 platform rifle.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
It's going to have a rifle tube and a da7 gas block if that helps
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Slash recommends a AR-10 rifle buffer

http://heavybuffers.com/images/Buffer%20Table.jpg

Banditman, what gas system?  Generally I have seen that a rifle length gas system on barrels 18" and longer (mid for 16") and adjustable gas block have normally done well unless there are extractor issues (spring tension or o-ring fix).  Shorter gas systems seem to be the most problematic.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Slash recommends a AR-10 rifle buffer

http://heavybuffers.com/images/Buffer%20Table.jpg

Banditman, what gas system?  Generally I have seen that a rifle length gas system on barrels 18" and longer (mid for 16") and adjustable gas block have normally done well unless there are extractor issues (spring tension or o-ring fix).  Shorter gas systems seem to be the most problematic.
View Quote

Rifle Length with 20" barrel. The adjustable gas block helped would it would still jam.

I added the Slash buffer and Spring and with a small adjustment on the gas block

it ran 100% a few weeks ago with over a 100 rounds fired that day.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top