Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2013 12:28:52 PM EDT
Just got done shooting my new Beowulf. The way I'm running it now is with a standard carbine spring and a Spike's ST-T2 buffer. Recoil is a bit intense. Would adding a Sprinco Red or blue extra power spring do anything for me?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Carbine or rifle buttstock? I use a  .308 hydraulic buffer in my carbine. Recoil is better. Also takes some of the pressure off the optics. Just a thought. My recoil went from similar to a 12ga. To more like  20ga. Maybe less.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
On my Beowulf, I am using a A2 buttstock with a Limbsaver recoil pad. The pad helps but it still rattles your teeth
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I 've built more of an M-4 with a magpul ACS, Nothing but the rubber pad  that it comes with. I did go with a .308 hydro buffer. It does seem to tame it a bit. Might be worth investigating the rifle version. How about a muzzle brake? I also went with the A.A. factory muzzle brake. Without a brake you would also feel more of the recoil.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It has a Pepperpot Muzzle Brake on it but I ordered a King Armory Muzzle Brake that arrived today.

It is running a collapsible stock with a Magpul CTR with the enhanced buttpad. Inside the buffer tube is a Spikes T2 buffer and a standard carbine spring.

I might just live with it. If it works then why worry about it?

This is how she looks at this point in time. I should have all the parts I ordered installed by next weekend.

This is a video of my not so great attempt at a 10rd magazine dump. I know there is no optic on the rifle I was just running it to make sure it worked.

Beowulf Fast Fire

Edit: In the video I should like crap because I'm trying to fight off a sinus cold. LoL!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice. Yeh you might have a point in having to live with it.  Sounds like a pretty nice setup at any rate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice. Yeh you might have a point in having to live with it.  Sounds like a pretty nice setup at any rate.
View Quote

Thanks a bunch. Wait till you see what I have ordered for her. I should have it all on within, at most, a month,
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a Wolf +10% spring and an MGI RRB buffer in mine.  It does make a noticeable improvement in perceived recoil.  A muzzle brake is a waste of money on a Beowulf IMHO.  With only around 40 grains of powder and around 400 grain bullets and a half inch bore even the best muzzle brake will only be maybe 5% effective.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use a Wolf +10% spring and an MGI RRB buffer in mine.  It does make a noticeable improvement in perceived recoil.  A muzzle brake is a waste of money on a Beowulf IMHO.  With only around 40 grains of powder and around 400 grain bullets and a half inch bore even the best muzzle brake will only be maybe 5% effective.
View Quote

What is the weight of that buffer?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I am going to try one of those Wolff extra power springs. , For $12.99 @ Midway, it's worth a try, Customer reviews are encouraging.  I am using a A2 rifle stock with the already big and heavy buffer
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Spike has the ST-T3 buffer @ 154g/5.4oz too
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It has a Pepperpot Muzzle Brake on it but I ordered a King Armory Muzzle Brake that arrived today.

It is running a collapsible stock with a Magpul CTR with the enhanced buttpad. Inside the buffer tube is a Spikes T2 buffer and a standard carbine spring.

This is how she looks at this point in time. I should have all the parts I ordered installed by next weekend.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5481/10415294035_72e5e7e71a_z.jpg

This is a video of my not so great attempt at a 10rd magazine dump. I know there is no optic on the rifle I was just running it to make sure it worked.

Beowulf Fast Fire

Edit: In the video I should like crap because I'm trying to fight off a sinus cold. LoL!
View Quote

is that the 12 inch upper?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7.1 oz
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

7.1 oz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7.1 oz

Additionally, the spring loaded buffer bumper lessens the hard stop at the rearmost point of travel on the buffer/carrier.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the MGI buffer thought it helped. I will try the new wolf spring too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
That is badass!

Quoted:

Beowulf Fast Fire

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I loaded up some 400 g sierra and them little guys pack some punch lol
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/3750481/23294952/407904727.jpg
still working on loads
I don't have a brake on my Beowulf I wanted to order one from AA but there lead times are way too long
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beowulf Fast Fire

Yeppers. Wait time was pretty long to get it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered all three types of Sprinco buffer spring. I ordered the White(standard), Blue(stronger), and the Red(strongest) to try them all out. I really like the Spikes T2 buffer because it uses poweder and the weights don't bounce around and cause all that noise.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I humbly suggest an XH carbine buffer (8.5 oz) and a Wolff XP carbine buffer spring.

More info: www.heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine

<a href="http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine" target="_blank">http://www.heavybuffers.com/images/Products/XH%20CAR%20Buffer.gif</a>

View Quote

Lets talk about this buffer here. Fill me in on the details. Why would someone in my shoes choose this over one of your HSS Buffers?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top