Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2013 7:12:10 PM EDT
Looking to get into this round hopefully.  Who all makes AR's chambered in this besides DPMS?  Normally I would build myself just haven't built anything in a AR10 receiver yet and would prefer this to not be the first as it will be a target rifle.  So what all is available?  I imagine this is a horrible time to jump into this caliber or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
GA Precision would be my top pick for a factory large platform AR. They are available in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
One trend that I'm noticing with gas-operated AR10's pushing high-pressure loads is that firing pin hole diameter seems to be an important factor.

I've owned 5 different AR10's, both Armalite and DPMS pattern guns.

The Armalite has a .065" firing pin hole, while the DPMS has a .080" hole, therefore the DPMS firing pin hole allows for more cratered primers and piercing.

I only have a DPMS pattern .260 Remington now, and it is very prone to cratering, whereas my buddy's Armalite .260 Remington does very well with 142gr SMK's within 70fps of my 130gr loads, and his primers and brass look textbook.

I had an Armalite AR-10 24" as my first, and I wish I still had it in many ways.

For a 6.5 Creedmoor, if you plant to shoot factory loads, keep in mind that they are really targeted towards bolt guns, and these gas guns do better with hand loads using powders that run the gas system optimally, versus really slow-burning powders that are maxed out for bolt guns with no gas system.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top