Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 3:20:58 PM EDT

building a 308 dmr rifle and dont have the money for an SSA style trigger, i run a rock on my ar and i really think its slick, i just bought another rock and it seems they are now or where laser cutting these, mine had some laser pierce marks on the hammer strike face. i stoned the marks out and polished the contact points while i wait for my lower to come in.

after sitting around i though to my self i wonder if my jp hammer and trigger springs would work on the rock trigger and hammer and ignite the primers reliably ? any one ever done this ?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The trigger spring may or may not provide enough tension for a trigger return, and you would have to use the .308 brown hammer spring if it would work at all.

A well-tuned RRA 2-stage is a great-feeling trigger with the standard power hammer spring.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trigger spring may or may not provide enough tension for a trigger return, and you would have to use the .308 brown hammer spring if it would work at all.

A well-tuned RRA 2-stage is a great-feeling trigger with the standard power hammer spring.
View Quote

where can i go to find out about tuning the rra 2 stage ? i didnt find any thing on here about it
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
There were a few guys who tuned them for Hi-Power shooters, one very well-known, but everyone has basically gone to Geissele triggers, since the RRA's will usually die after a while, lose sear connection through wear, start doubling or have disconnector failures.

By the time you pay for custom work, you're into Geissele prices.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
guess i will just do my best with this until it starts to have issues and then go with another trigger
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
guess i will just do my best with this until it starts to have issues and then go with another trigger
View Quote

I have NEVER had a light primer strike and put JP springs in every trigger I install. I don't know if I'm extremely lucky or if all of these people are full of it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have NEVER had a light primer strike and put JP springs in every trigger I install. I don't know if I'm extremely lucky or if all of these people are full of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm i guess all i can do is just give it a try and see what happens, thanks for your imput though buddy thats nice to hear
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top