Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2013 5:15:34 PM EDT

Upper:
DPMS A3 receiver
Krieger M110 Barrel shortened to 18" and profiled for OPS Inc. 12th Model (.30 cal)
KAC SR25 FF RAS
Fulton Armory Gas Block/tube.
DPMS Chromed Bolt Carrier with JP Enhanced Bolt
Harris BMR-S Bipod with Schuster Nut Locker
KAC Bipod Mount
KAC M110 30mm Scope mount
Leupold Mark IV M3, 3.5-10 x 40, Illuminated Mil Dot
OPS Inc. 12th Model (.30 Cal) suppressor

Lower:
DPMS lower receiver
DPMS lower parts kit.
Timney 4lb .308 trigger
KNS Gen 2 Mod 2 pins
Fulton Armory A1 length Stock with A2 trapdoor assembly
Fulton Buffer and spring.

Receiver set and handguard were Cerakoted FDE by Tactical Instincts In Gilbert AZ. I Duracoated the Furniture in Tactical Coyote. ADCO profiled the barrel for the OPS Inc can and assembled the upper.  I just finished putting the lower together this afternoon and haven't been to range yet. Report to follow......
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow! Very nice and clean looking. If you don't mind, would you say you saved money or spent more building it to your "specs"?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow! Very nice and clean looking. If you don't mind, would you say you saved money or spent more building it to your "specs"?
View Quote

Well... I already had the Optic and the OPS 12th from another build that I had planned... but that never got off the ground. So... I saved a ton there.

I saved hundreds of dollars on stuff like the receiver set, trigger, stock, BCG, optic mount, bipod mount etc... by scouring the Equipment Exchange here and on backpage.com for the Phoenix AZ area.

I paid 500 for the barrel from Krieger.  I also paid a lot for the SR25 FF RAS direct from KAC.  Many people will argue that there are better quality rails available for significantly less money and they are most likely correct... but this is the one I wanted so I looked hard to find a used one.  After months of searching I ordered one from KAC.  I could have spent less on both of these items but they are two things that I really wanted, so...

I personally enjoy sourcing parts and building these things myself.  When ever I buy a stock weapon, I end up replacing or upgrading parts and then I'm left with a pile of parts that just sit around.  I think that as a general rule I will save money sourcing parts for my builds myself.  That being said... this was not a cheap build.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That's looking pretty flippin sweeeet!

Any plans for a PRI Gas Buster?

You might consider Cerakoting the scope FDE as well. I've done it to many scopes per NIC and scope maker's recommendations without issue. (Bake on lower temp with illumination battery removed.)

What loads are you going to try? 175gr SMK?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's looking pretty flippin sweeeet!

Any plans for a PRI Gas Buster?

You might consider Cerakoting the scope FDE as well. I've done it to many scopes per NIC and scope maker's recommendations without issue. (Bake on lower temp with illumination battery removed.)

What loads are you going to try? 175gr SMK?
View Quote

Yeah. PRI Gasbuster is a must. I plan on Cerakoting the scope in Trijicon Dark Earth... looks like it matches up with the KAC optic mount pretty well.  I really like the look of rifles that have 2-3 solid colors in different areas vs. having an entire rifle in one color.

As for loads... I have a pretty decent amount of Fed GMM 168 gr.  I'm new to reloading and just starting to acquire all the necessary equipment.  Ultimately, I would like to develop a load around the 175gr SMK.  Its kind of nice having Dillon's retail shop 30 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Iam trying to do the same thing but with mega receivers. Sweet rifle!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah me too, planning a similar build.
Yours looks good.

You can get the KAC taupe butt stock and grip from CAV arms.
KAC supposedly uses the CAVarms butt to make their M110 adjustable stock.
Not very expensive, I got a set from them, its very nice. About $40 plus shipping.

Butt Stock, Dark earth = KAC taupe, the old color that's darker.
Reference the color selection pull down:
BUTT STOCK
Grip, Dark earth = KAC taupe:
GRIP
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Very Nice. I too have a M110 inspired build. My state (comMinnesota) do not allow suppressor.
Your build look much closer to M110. Congrats.
Here is mine
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#8]
If I can ask, what was the total cost of the build? And how long did it take you to put it all together from start to finish?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
is the m110 done in FDE?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
is the m110 done in FDE?
View Quote

Yes.  It was the Cerakote FDE, H-265Q, which is a shade or two lighter than the Magpul FDE.  Then the stock and furniture were Duracoted in Tactical Coyote.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I can ask, what was the total cost of the build? And how long did it take you to put it all together from start to finish?
View Quote

I didnt keep an exact figure but... Optic - 975, Suppressor - About 950, Barrel - 560 including Barrel extension from BAT Machine, Handguard - 505 (direct from KAC).  Thats just under $3000 right there. I saved a bunch of money on all the other parts by scouring the Equipment Exchange, Gunbroker, Ebay, Craigslist and Backpage.  Im guessing just about $4000 total in parts plus a lil more for the Cerakote job and labor to profile the barrel.

As far as time... I bought the receiver set in January 2013. Slowly bought parts until I had just about everything by July.  I ordered the barrel from Krieger in May and that was the last piece of the puzzle. Received it a few weeks ago then sent it off to ADCO for profiling.  So about 10 months to get everything together including the 5 month wait for the barrel to be made.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks very nice. But I don't understand the exposed Clamp on Gas block?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]
You can't buy a M110 gas block from KAC. He used one that looked closest to the KAC one.  Also the KAC is .750 at the gas journal. Nice build.

Quoted:
Looks very nice. But I don't understand the exposed Clamp on Gas block?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an M110 build / rebuild in progress myself. Here is mine. The barrel is being dimpled right now :(

LMT MWS Lower
LMT 308 buffer tube , spring and h3 buffer
KAC 2 Stage Tigger
KAC Trigger guard
KAC M110 upper
KAC M110 barrel extension
KAC URX 2
KAC Rear Flip up
20 inch Obermeyer 5R SS M-110 barrel - (New barrel was chambered and profiled by AR15 Barrels)
KAC M110 Flash hider
KAC M110 Gas block
LMT MWS Gen 2 bolt and carrier (KAC is switching to the new bolt style)
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Some damn fine looking rifles in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have an M110 build / rebuild in progress myself. Here is mine. The barrel is being dimpled right now :(

<a href="http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/kult_la/media/M110_1_of_1_zpsc0d8f6b3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w675/kult_la/M110_1_of_1_zpsc0d8f6b3.jpg</a>

LMT MWS Lower
KAC 2 Stage Tigger
KAC Trigger guard
KAC M110 upper
KAC URX 2
KAC Rear Flip up
20 inch Obermeyer 5R SS M-110 barrel - (New barrel was chambered and profiled by AR15 Barrels)
KAC M110 Flash hider
KAC M110 Gas block
View Quote

Very nice. Should be awesome when it's done. Clearly you are going more for an exact clone then I was. I never really wanted an actual M110 but I've always loved the look of them. I wanted to stay true to the look of the M110 but not need any special tools (URX rail) or have to deal with all the proprietary KAC stuff. I wanted to just build a rifle with parts I could get anywhere. I also planned on using the OPS can from the beginning because, IMHO, they are awesome cans at a great price.  While not a KAC rifle this should be every bit or more as accurate as one...at a fraction of the cost. If I was rich... I probs would have bought an M110 just because it's badass. But sadly I don't  have unlimited funds... So I built a pretty badass gun myself out of parts I chose. To me sourcing all the parts and finding deals is half the fun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#17]
It was not as expensive as one would think, but it just happened that I got some of the parts and went to town. We are not allowed to have Can's or KAC rifles in CA...  So I had to improvise .I did sorta the same, a part here and there and via various sources got all the parts. I am sure yours shoots just about the same as mine (unsuppressed)  Your build was super nice and Krieger makes great barrels.  They were out of stock and I happened to get an Obermeyer because they were doing a run of the, .

Quoted:

Very nice. Should be awesome when it's done. Clearly you are going more for an exact clone then I was. I never really wanted an actual M110 but I've always loved the look of them. I wanted to stay true to the look of the M110 but not need any special tools (URX rail) or have to deal with all the proprietary KAC stuff. I wanted to just build a rifle with parts I could get anywhere. I also planned on using the OPS can from the beginning because, IMHO, they are awesome cans at a great price.  While not a KAC rifle this should be every bit or more as accurate as one...at a fraction of the cost. If I was rich... I probs would have bought an M110 just because it's badass. But sadly I don't  have unlimited funds... So I built a pretty badass gun myself out of parts I chose. To me sourcing all the parts and finding deals is half the fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/kult_la/media/M110_1_of_1_zpsc0d8f6b3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w675/kult_la/M110_1_of_1_zpsc0d8f6b3.jpg</a>

LMT MWS Lower
KAC 2 Stage Tigger
KAC Trigger guard
KAC M110 upper
KAC URX 2
KAC Rear Flip up
KAC M110 Flash hider
KAC M110 Gas block

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to ask. Do we actually have an M110 Clone Picture Thread?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have to ask. Do we actually have an M110 Clone Picture Thread?
View Quote

Not that I have seen.
I don't think there is more than a handfull to 20 tops that I have seen Members post.
There are some pics in the SR25 pic thread in KAC industry forum.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]
great looking stick!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top