Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2013 9:11:00 PM EDT
I know there has been a lot of discussion about various bolts and questions about the one from Shadow Ops has come up, but I haven't seen any pics yet, so here they are.  I just got this today, ordered it early last week.  The part also ships with a crisp $2 bill (shows the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the back) and a 1/2oz bottle of Miltec lubricant.

I have not installed the part, my upper and lower just shipped today.  I did test fit it into the barrel and it fit very snug and tight, but headspace was fine.  I'm very impressed.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 3:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you order it from?  Price?  And except for the nail sticking out the side it looks good.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any tool marks on the bearing surfaces? If you run finger nail along the surface is it smooth?
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are there any tool marks on the bearing surfaces? If you run finger nail along the surface is it smooth?
View Quote

This.  Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

None at any place of the carrier whatsoever.  It is truely as clean and smooth as it looks in the pictures.  There are a few very small marks in the bolt face, but they might be from me monkeying around with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where did you order it from?  Price?  And except for the nail sticking out the side it looks good.  
View Quote

Looks like the OP may have ordered it direct from Shadow Ops here:

Shadow Ops NiB BCG

Price is $236.00 on their website...pretty damn cheap if it looks as good as the OP's pics.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 3:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
just ordered one myself based off post. I will update when I get mine in
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Ive been on the fence but went ahead and ordered one. If you use ar15new308 you save 18 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
ar15new308 didn't provide me any love, but I ordered anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered one the other day.

Link Posted: 10/9/2013 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ive been on the fence but went ahead and ordered one. If you use ar15new308 you save 18 bucks.
View Quote

ar15news308  You forgot the "s"
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#12]
damn it....can  I buy an S for $18 please?
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#13]
No "S" on the original post.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Got mine today. Very nicely machined and finished, just like the OP's pictures. Mine also came with a $2 bill and a bottle of miltec lube. Nice touch Shadow Ops!

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Got mine yesterday too, looks good. I noticed the bolt cam hole is drilled opposite of an ar15 style is. I wonder why, maybe just size being bigger requires it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Got mine in friday, looks like a mighty fine bolt. looks so pretty don't know if I want to get it dirty
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I placed an order on the BCG based on what was posted on this thread.

For those of you who have receive your order, did you get a confirmation of its shipment?

I ordered on the 9th of October and have yet to receive mine. I contacted Shadow Ops multiple times via e-mail and phone to get an up-date, but have not heard back from them.

So, you could say that my experience with Shadow Ops' customer service is not very good. If I do not hear from them by Tuesday, I will have to call my CC co.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

For those of you who have receive your order, did you get a confirmation of its shipment?

I ordered on the 9th of October and have yet to receive mine. I contacted Shadow Ops multiple times via e-mail and phone to get an up-date, but have not heard back from them.

So, you could say that my experience with Shadow Ops' customer service is not very good. If I do not hear from them by Tuesday, I will have to call my CC co.

View Quote

Ordered mine on 10/6, got a shipping/tracking confirmation email on 10/9, received my order 10/11.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must have missed at the bottom of the page where it says, " This item will ship within 18 days from purchase with signature release shipping!". You still have a week to go before the 18 days are up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered mine Oct. 8 and it arrive about 4 or 5 days later.....he must have burned through his inventory and awaiting a new shipment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#21]
With this work in a mega maten receiver set and armalite or dpms style barrel
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
With this work in a mega maten receiver set and armalite or dpms style barrel
View Quote

Mine (the one pictured) is in a Maten receiver using a Fulton Armory barrel with DPMS extension.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I just received 4 of the Shadow Ops 308 BCG and I too am very impressed with the BCG especially for the price.  Great to see a new company come through with their promises.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ordered mine on 10/6, got a shipping/tracking confirmation email on 10/9, received my order 10/11

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ordered mine on 10/6, got a shipping/tracking confirmation email on 10/9, received my order 10/11

Thanks slim, to this day I got nothing!

Quoted:
You must have missed at the bottom of the page where it says, " This item will ship within 18 days from purchase with signature release shipping!". You still have a week to go before the 18 days are up.

Did not miss that at all! My CC was charged the same day I ordered. Been burned many times, just don't want it to happen again!

Quoted:
I ordered mine Oct. 8 and it arrive about 4 or 5 days later.....he must have burned through his inventory and awaiting a new shipment.

Thanks, maybe! All I wanted was an acknowledgement!

As previously stated, I ordered based on what were posted on this thread. Will wait another week for benefit of a dout!

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did not miss that at all! My CC was charged the same day I ordered. Been burned many times, just don't want it to happen again!

As previously stated, I ordered based on what were posted on this thread. Will wait another week for benefit of a dout!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call them, they were very friendly.  Placed my order mid September and I got mine 10/21, but I had rails in my order so they were holding things up so they split the order for me and sent out my BCG.   Couldn't be happier
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered one after doing my homework. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Call them, they were very friendly.  Placed my order mid September and I got mine 10/21, but I had rails in my order so they were holding things up so they split the order for me and sent out my BCG.   Couldn't be happier
View Quote

I did, called and e-mailed them multiple times! Not a peep from them. I ordered because of what was posted on this thread, that is why I am a little surprise. I will give it another week!
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I received mine about a month and a half or so ago. Mine looks much like the OP's and looks like a well polished piece of equipment. I still need to acquire a barrel to finish this build first.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:22:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Going to function test mine this morning with 100 rounds of FNM ball.
ETA: Ran great as far as the BCG went. Fed and ejected just fine. Only problem I had was 4 failures to fire due to the (I assume) hard primers used by FNM, an issue I thought I solved over 1000 rounds ago by installing an AGL Defense Combat Trigger group.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Just an FYI, all is well!

Finally received mine this weekend!

As echoed with everyone in this thread, the BCG is impeccable!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top