Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2013 11:21:26 AM EDT
I'm sure there are a lot of us out there with some uppers, full rifles, or ammo on back order from Alexander Arms and some who have recently started having fun with their new toys.  I am curious what the AA current back log looks like and I know they don't like it when you ask.  Hopefully we'll be able to determine an average or median from responses to this thread.  The more participants the better.  Post your order time and your receipt time or if you're still waiting and we'll see how close to "about 6 months" the wait is this year.

Ordered: Beo Upper and reloading supplies- 1Feb
Received: Brass- 6 May.  
Backorder: Everything else
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
On the Grendel Forum, it seems to be about 6-8 months for Grendel uppers/rifles.  I don't know about Beowulf's.  If they have something in stock that can ship as is, it will ship.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered my beowulf upper in Jan.  I asked my FFL dealer to contact AA about their back order status.  They Told him that they are starting too fill back orders now, so take that for what its worth.  I know I will definitely be surprised when my upper comes.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I ordered my beowulf upper in Jan.  I asked my FFL dealer to contact AA about their back order status.  They Told him that they are starting too fill back orders now, so take that for what its worth.  I know I will definitely be surprised when my upper comes.

Yeah, that tells you absolutely nothing......backorders from when???  March of 2012?

Doc
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a 6.5 grendel advanced weapons system upper and mags Jan 10, 2013.  Still waiting.  I actually forgot about it til I read this thread
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
grendel Barrel and bolt in Nov2012

Still waiting.

As mentioned,  it appears to be a 6 to 8 month wait based on grendel forum
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Really...I don't think they could have been anymore vague in that statement.  Like I have any idea of when they even started putting things on back order statuses.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that tells you absolutely nothing......backorders from when???  March of 2012?

Doc

April...a friend of mine just got in a barrel he ordered last April.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a Grendel upper (non AA) and have been looking for ammo and dies. I finally just placed a backorder with them last week. Maybe I'll get to shoot it by Christmas.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I am with you guys. I ordered a standard upper with threaded barrel and the millennium compensator, and also with that order I had like 6 different boxes of ammo, which looking back at it was stupid. if I was to do it again, I would just have the upper on one order, and ammo on another. I also do have a separate ammo order. I placed both orders on Jan 12th 2013. I got the confirm email, and that's been it so far. I needed to update billing info, so I sent them an email. I also asked if I could re organize my order, hoping to facilitate the arrival of my upper. All I got back was and empty feeling robo email that stated when my order was ready, they would contact me to update info. I feel I have been patient, and I will continue to do so. Its troubling though to read so much negative stuff about AA. My biggest fear is that I will get the upper, then something will go wrong and I will have to send it back for repairs, and have to wait all over again. I just want my upper already!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]
They'll ship out items separately when they are able to fill portions of your order.  I ordered brass and magazines back in early January/late December, and was shipped my brass months ago, still waiting on the magazines.

Also, on another forum, guys were saying they were told AA is currently working on fulfilling January backorders now.  I can NOT verify if this is true, just passing along what others have noted.

ETA:  These were BEO RIFLE backorders, story could be different for different rifles or other parts.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a Grendel Barrel, bolt, stripped upper, mags, 100rds of  Hornady Ammo the last week of Dec 2012.  I got Shipping confirmation today  

I have the rest of the parts waiting.  I should be sending lead downrange in a week or so!!!

edit: crap, the shipping weight is only 5lbs.    It can't be the whole order.  I hope it is at least the barrel and upper.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Rec'd email confirmation today....  The barrel, bolt, and 10rd mag shipped yesterday.  Stripped upper, 25rd mag, and Ammo are still backordered.  I have another upper that I don't shoot very often that I may have to tear apart to at least go shoot this Grendel.  I've wait 7 months already, don't think I can wait any longer if the barrel is sitting at my house
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
just an update.  as i stated before, i ordered my beowulf upper in jan.   i just received it today.   hope this helps establish a time frame.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Reloading supplies usally takes about 2 months

uppers seem to be taking around a year. Midway has had beowulf uppers in and out of stock here lately . Most of the time you can put notifications on at midway and get AA stuff a lot quicker than going to the source .
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok so i gave up. Just found a upper on midwayusa, has a quadrail and tank break, but was in stock. I pulled the trigger and ordered it, i couldnt resist. Will cancel my other order with AA tomorrow. Maybe one of u guys will get the gun i ordered! At least maybe i made room for someone else. Unless i can convince the wife that she needs a .50 too....teehee! Midway should ship and i should have by next week
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered a barrel, bolt, ammo, and mags for a Grendel back in August. I just got a shipping notice from AA that my barrel and bolt shipped but the ammo and mags are still backordered.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok so i gave up. Just found a upper on midwayusa, has a quadrail and tank break, but was in stock. I pulled the trigger and ordered it, i couldnt resist. Will cancel my other order with AA tomorrow. Maybe one of u guys will get the gun i ordered! At least maybe i made room for someone else. Unless i can convince the wife that she needs a .50 too....teehee! Midway should ship and i should have by next week
View Quote

I seen them come into stock yesterday but did not know that was what you were looking for . I built mine from the ground up and love it . Set your notifications for ammo also. Learn to reload if you do not know already
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Ordered a Beowulf upper 100 rounds of ammo and a couple mags May 18. Hope to have it all in by Feb '14.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#19]
well it wasnt exactly what I had in mind, but its an upgrade from what I ordered, I liked the free float rail, not so sure about the tank brake, but its threaded so I can take it off and do something else if I want. im not gonna cancel my order from AA just yet, I want to hold the upper in my hands from midwayusa first. I need to reload, but have never done it. I have always saved brass, on the assumption one day I will start. I have gobs of .38special, .357 mag., .223, and .260 brass. one day I will start!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
well it wasnt exactly what I had in mind, but its an upgrade from what I ordered, I liked the free float rail, not so sure about the tank brake, but its threaded so I can take it off and do something else if I want. im not gonna cancel my order from AA just yet, I want to hold the upper in my hands from midwayusa first. I need to reload, but have never done it. I have always saved brass, on the assumption one day I will start. I have gobs of .38special, .357 mag., .223, and .260 brass. one day I will start!
View Quote

Reloading is just about a must with the Beowulf.  Good news is it is a pretty easy cartridge to reload.  Use AA's data, pick up some Rainer 335gr pills and some Lil' Gun and have at it.  You should be able to load plinking rounds for around $.35-.$40 per round using existing brass. (Starline is another good source for brass if you need it)  I've had mine for about a year now.  It's a blast to shoot and always an attention getter at the range.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#21]
ordered .50 Beo upper Jan 1 and received last week.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered 2 stripped lowers January 15. No notice yet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Got a call today. The order i had for 200 rds of .50 beo 400 gr is shipping. Cancelled my ord for the upper, since i got on off midwayusa. Def love the .50 beo...holy crap tons of fun!
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Been scoring plenty of .50 Beo ammo, just watching midwayusa and cabelas sites. Am getting stocked up now, just need to pick out my reloader!
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
just an update.  as i stated before, i ordered my beowulf upper in jan.   i just received it today.   hope this helps establish a time frame.
View Quote

I ordered a beo upper and some ammo in January....   I still have nothing but confirmation and re-confirmation e-mails

ETA upper delivered mid October.  Still waiting on ammo
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#26]
They have recently started catching up and also able to answer Emails with actual responses instead of robo-returns if they can at the moment.  I was as frustrated as everyone else with my orders from 12-12 still not delivered by 6-13.  It was in June I believe that items started trickling in and  I got most of my order but, frustratingly, I was forced to cancel the remainder of my order because my financial situation, due to medical costs, I couldn't afford the remainder of it.  Had the orders been filled sooner I could have had everything I ordered since everything was different at the time, that's what really upsets me but I guess I should just be happy with what I did get.  Anywho, I hope you guys all get your stuff soon, I do know that the folks at Alexander Arms are working really, really hard and Bill himself is pushing the company to it's max to get things out as fast as possible.  He's a really nice guy and you can trust he's doing the best he can to get the orders out as fast as possible.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Little slow in here...

But just to let anyone that cares know, my complete Beowulf has arrived at my FFL as of yesterday.  Ordered late Dec-ish, I think before Sandy Hook, going to try to pick it up today!
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Still waiting on 6.5 ammo ordered back in January of this year.  Not in any hurry for it, I still have plenty stashed.  I figure I'll get it sooner or later, in this case later.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#29]
ordered a 18" 6.5 upper and bolt on 1/31/2013, got it 10/24/2013.  they only shipped one mag vs. the two I ordered
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ordered a 18" 6.5 upper and bolt on 1/31/2013, got it 10/24/2013.  they only shipped one mag vs. the two I ordered
View Quote

Hmm. I ordered a 20" 6.5 upper on 1/13/2013 and am still waiting
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I got impatient waiting for my Beowulf magazine order from April so when midway usa had 10 round mags in stock for $26 (in stock for the moment) and a discount code I jumped on it. Even got reduced shipping by putting something cheap from the free shopping list in my cart first!

When AA gets to my order, I'll still go for it if I have the money then. Always need to have enough ammo for all your mags, and enough mags for all your ammo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Well My dad ordered 2 uppers back in December, and they came in in August some time. There ammo and some mags are still on backorder, as are 3 stripped 6.5 lowers.

Its just a waiting game, much like NFA, will get it eventually.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top