Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:13:46 PM EDT
Just starting a build and would like to know who is recommended for barrels. I am going to go the 16" rout as SBR is illegal where I am at. No suppressor either. Would love to have a SBR but that's the way it goes Anyway am leaning towards Noveske but would like to hear others also. Noveske has a pistol length gas 16" on there site. I also found the same barrel on another site with a carbine length gas system. What is the difference or is there one if only building a rifle? Am new to this so bare with me

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just starting a build and would like to know who is recommended for barrels. I am going to go the 16" rout as SBR is illegal where I am at. No suppressor either. Would love to have a SBR but that's the way it goes Anyway am leaning towards Noveske but would like to hear others also. Noveske has a pistol length gas 16" on there site. I also found the same barrel on another site with a carbine length gas system. What is the difference or is there one if only building a rifle? Am new to this so bare with me

Thanks in advance!

With a 16 in barrel the carbine length gas port is OK for all supersonic loads and the heavier subsonic bullets. With a pistol length gas port the barrel will work with a wider range of subsonic bullet weights but will be over gassed for supersonic loads.
If you will run mostly supersonic loads and heavy subsonics then get the carbine gas length.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top