Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2012 3:14:27 AM EDT
Well after looking at several 308 guns and weighing them.. LOL  I found one that will fit the bill.  Paid the cash and will have it in hand middle of next week.. I sold the DPMS SASS just too heavy to hunt with and cost wise better to sell than alter it.
With a lifetime warranty and they are built here in state. I am looking forward to the new rifle.

https://www.pof-usa.com/14.5-p308-np3.html
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 16" P-308 and it is a wonderfully accurate rifle.  It eats every type of 308 and will shoot in a quarter at 100 yards.

BUT, it is one LOUD motherfucker.  Be prepared.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is my review of the POF-USA 16" P-308.   Good luck with it.  Hopefully you have a better experience than I did.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a 20"
Shoots great...no problems yet,also a quick clean
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
California Fish and Game bought them for their new patrol rifles and have had some issues with them.  They must have gotten them ironed out as they still have them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My best friend bought the 308 about 3 years ago and had nothing but issues with it. Sent it back several times. Actually, we dropped it back to the shop as they are local. Never worked with Pmags or the factory mag. Always jammed with either double feeds, fail to extract or wouldn't feed. He now has the LWRC REPR.

He finally sold it at a gun show just to get rid of it. Took a loss as well. Another friend of mine is sponsored by them and loves them.

I'll pass on POF and maybe get an MA-TEN or Armalite.

Good luck with it and I hope it actually runs for you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I am aware of early issues. both in function and looks. Most of the CNC is in fact done about 15 minutes from my shop. Thus far it feeds fine, with silver bear, hand loads, ball surplus ammo.. I cannot make any claims on past issues, and not going to be the rah rah team for them. However I will say that with the amount of them sold and having a few issues is not something that is uncommon. I have a DPMS SASS 308 as well.. If I take into account what everyone says about them I should have sold it a long time ago. However it is one of the best AR 308 I have owned. I sold a Amramlite as it was not a good gun , had more issues that I want to go into and I lost my azz on the re sale. So I feel that every thing can have issues more so how they handle the issue . I can take the gun down to PHX and go to the range with them and fire it . IF I have a issue thus far it is 100%.

I deal in the harley performance world and I can telly ou that many issues are not what they are made up to be. Have a great holiday guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
You'll love it. I have the 14.5 as well and it's the most accurate rifle I own, including the bolt actions.

I put a CTR with the Larue RISR on it to compensate for the higher rail. It's the only gripe I have with the rifle.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#8]
seen way too many POFs fail to spend that much money on one
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have never had any problem with mine.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What he said.  Mine never made it to the range, it went back for a refund.  I bought a Hogan instead and never looked back.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.  Mine never made it to the range, it went back for a refund.  I bought a Hogan instead and never looked back.

Never made it to the range huh?  Sounds like a hater to me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You realize Hogan made rifles for POF before they split right?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, seriously, did you actually look at the pics of the rifle they sent me?  They were at the top in my review.  Would you have taken it to the range right away?  If you answer yes, then you are one brave individual...........  Geeeze Frank, use your own account to post.........

I'm just trying to save others the headache.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, seriously, did you actually look at the pics of the rifle they sent me?  They were at the top in my review.  Would you have taken it to the range right away?  If you answer yes, then you are one brave individual...........  Geeeze Frank, use your own account to post.........

I didn't look at any review you posted.  I responded to your post.  I have a 20" POF I'm very happy with and I didn't hesitate to take it to the range to form my opinion.  And my name isn't Frank.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#15]
My buddies started a suppressor company back in 2007.  They purchased 2 POF's for testing, figuring the op-rod system would be better for suppressed use.

Both guns broke within 2 mags, and were sent back.   Not sure what the problems were, but they were not happy.

They went on to become a very successful suppressor making business, specializing in high-end Titanium units with very quiet signature, and minimal POI shift.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't look at any review you posted.  I responded to your post.  I have a 20" POF I'm very happy with and I didn't hesitate to take it to the range to form my opinion.  And my name isn't Frank.

OK, that is obvious as you run your mouth without actually reading the posts.  It went back to POF rather than the range as I didn't trust it.  There were so damn many things wrong with it, cosmetically and mechanically, that I didn't feel safe, nor comfortable chancing it at the range.  But hey, your in a perfect world, so all is well..........  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, that is obvious as you run your mouth without actually reading the posts.  It went back to POF rather than the range as I didn't trust it.  There were so damn many things wrong with it, cosmetically and mechanically, that I didn't feel safe, nor comfortable chancing it at the range.  But hey, your in a perfect world, so all is well..........  Enjoy.

Thanks!  And a Merry Christmas to you as well!
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well after looking at several 308 guns and weighing them.. LOL  I found one that will fit the bill.  Paid the cash and will have it in hand middle of next week.. I sold the DPMS SASS just too heavy to hunt with and cost wise better to sell than alter it.
With a lifetime warranty and they are built here in state. I am looking forward to the new rifle.

https://www.pof-usa.com/14.5-p308-np3.html

I just bought the exact same rifle.  I don't have it in hand yet, but I know mine is going to have perfect form and function.  I just know it!  I pooped a rainbow this morning, and that was my sign.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Just took my POF 380 16" out today for the first time. Its a joy to shoot. VERY happy with it. I had a chance to pick up a 2nd one 4 days ago, but passed because I want to use that money toward a 50. Oh, the muzzle brake is LOUD on a bench, but prone or on a knee its not bad at all. Nice trigger too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine has been 100%. No malfunctions ever and works great with Pmags. Phoenix PD SAU still has theirs and Cabelas has sold thousands.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time to move on. Enjoy your Hogan.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#22]
ArcticWarrior - in your review, 7 of your 8 complaints are cosmetic.  The one mechanical complaint is where the tail on the dust cover spring extends about .100" above the ejection port.
I'm not sure I would throw in the towel at that point.  

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ArcticWarrior - in your review, 7 of your 8 complaints are cosmetic.  The one mechanical complaint is where the tail on the dust cover spring extends about .100" above the ejection port.
I'm not sure I would throw in the towel at that point.  

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Tony,

At that point, I had just paid half a months salary for a firearm.  Yes, the majority of the problems were cosmetic.  With that being said, if there were that many problems with it, then why would I trust it at the range?  Why would I simply say, "It's OK" and roll over?  I paid top dollar for a rifle, I wanted what I was promised.  It's no different that you going to a dealership to buy a car, you pay for it, and it's delivered to you all F*%ked up.  You would be PISSED!  Then to add insult to injury, I called to try and get something done, I was shat upon, then once they had my rifle, ignored.   I was overly nice as being a prick would have gotten me nowhere.  THAT is my problem.  Anyone who would screw a customer like that has serious issues.  That's all I'm saying.  If your stuff works for you, I am genuinely 100% happy for you.  Perhaps, my being vocal has made him think about treating his customers a little bit better.  That would be the ideal situation.  I'm not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My best friend bought the 308 about 3 years ago and had nothing but issues with it. Sent it back several times. Actually, we dropped it back to the shop as they are local. Never worked with Pmags or the factory mag. Always jammed with either double feeds, fail to extract or wouldn't feed. He now has the LWRC REPR.

He finally sold it at a gun show just to get rid of it. Took a loss as well. Another friend of mine is sponsored by them and loves them.

I'll pass on POF and maybe get an MA-TEN or Armalite.

Good luck with it and I hope it actually runs for you.

A friend of mine had almost exactly the same experience with his 308 POF. He also was an AZ resident, lived in Flagstaff, AZ. same problem, wouldn't feed reliably and when it did feed would short stroke. Sent it in for repair 3X on his dime and was assured it was fixed, it wasn't. Fortunately he had business in Scottsdale and took it in to POF himself. They finally fixed it while he waited. Shortly there after he sold it. That said I own a POF 415, great rifle, very accurate and not a single problem.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I built a couple of Hogans out of POF parts, for less than half of what they sell for...

They work great, however.....I did have to clip the ejection port door spring and it took a whole 3 seconds..
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Are those the 25 round POF mags?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top