Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2012 12:34:40 PM EDT
Running a Wilson Combat 1/8 barrel, YHM lopro gb...carbine length gas. Regular old larue bcg , standard carbine buffer n spring.  Checked n re-checked gb alignment..only short strokes on subsonic. Not running a suppressor just regular A2...
Everything works from 115-155gr...my 5th assembly n never had a short stroke problem.

Round fires n ejects...but won't load nxt round...used mags ranging from pmag 20 rd to pmag 30 rd pmag...colt...hk..all the mags work n other rifles fine...

Did search function but didn't find this....
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet. Out in country awayvfrom the tools. Remmie 220 gr. If needing to enlarge will this affect supersonic. No biggie..just some 220s i need to trade lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 16" Noveske carbine gas and it wouldn't cycle some of my lighter subs. I took out two of my weights in my buffer and they cycle fine now. I would also try some Hornady 208 subs. They were consistently reliable for me, whereas the Rem 220 subs would occasionally short stroke.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
According to their website, the Wilson barrels are optimized for suppressed use, which is code for "might not cycle subsonics without a suppressor."  Noveske barrels are the same way as a design choice to ensure that the gun isn't overgassed for suppressed supersonic use.

You might try the tricks already mentioned, but your experience is consistent with the port size Wilson chose.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If you take the wieght out of buffer tube i found a 45acp case fits nicely
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top