Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:19:29 AM EDT
I was at a local sporting goods store the other day and I noticed they had a new steel LR308 mag in stock on the shelf. It looks a little different than the DPMS LR308 steel mags I had from a couple years ago (they worked just fine).  This one appeares to have a shinier finish and different style follower.

Anyone have any info on these or tried the newer steel DPMS LR308 mags?

ETA: I'm going to pick up a couple of these.  I was just wondering if anyone noticed the changes or had any insight on them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Where they really DPMS or some other mfg..  My DPMS have that printed on the floor plate

Pmags are excellent with the DPMS LR-308's

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Once I got my hands on the Pmags for my DPMS .308's I never looked back.  I still have 10 of the old metal mags, but haven't tried any newer production ones.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where they really DPMS or some other mfg..  My DPMS have that printed on the floor plate

Pmags are excellent with the DPMS LR-308's

DPMS marked on the floorplate.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
My friend's original DPMS mags run fine for him.  My steel ProMag runs fine.  Trying an AR-Stoner as soon as I get some more range time, but it's looking good just chambering rounds at home.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top