Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2012 9:16:51 AM EDT
DoubleStar 300blk barrel, Samson 15" Evo rail.  With the Aimpoint H1, it weight 7.2 lbs.  I have a few deer that are getting far too comfortable eating the landscaping around the house....

Link Posted: 11/5/2012 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweeeeeet. Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on zeroing tomorrow.  I'll be sure to post a range report.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
It's PURDY!
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Deer season opens tomorrow so what better time than today to zero the rifle?  I can only shoot 50 yards in my back yard, but I'm happy w/ the accuracy for shooting from prone w/ a 4moa Aimpoint.

Function was perfect.

This is mostly a parts rifle, but the highlights of it are the DoubleStar 300blk barrel, DoubleStar low profile gas block, and Samson 15" Evolution rail.  Three rounds to zero, four rounds for a group.  The load is a 150g Hornady SST over H110.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Shot a nice sized doe at about 60 yards this morning.  150g Hornady SST through the neck and she was dead before she hit the ground.  I think I'm going to like this Blackout.  Thanks DoubleStar!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shot a nice sized doe at about 60 yards this morning.  150g Hornady SST through the neck and she was dead before she hit the ground.  I think I'm going to like this Blackout.  Thanks DoubleStar!

What powder charge weight are you using with that bullet........thanks

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Awesome!  Congratulations on first blood!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are loaded by a local ammo manufacturer.  He uses H110, but I don't know the charge.  

I picked up a pound of Lil' Gun last week and loaded up some 110g over the weekend, but won't have a chance to test them for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are loaded by a local ammo manufacturer.  He uses H110, but I don't know the charge.  

I picked up a pound of Lil' Gun last week and loaded up some 110g over the weekend, but won't have a chance to test them for a couple weeks.

thanks and nice rifle...............

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#11]
We've all seen dead deer, but the exit wound is visible near the muzzle.  Pretty impressive for a 150g at about 1900 fps.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm just going to keep updating this post.

I tested a few round of 110g HP over 19.5g of Hodgden Lil'Gun today.  Function was perfect.  I didn't test for accuracy, but all rounds were center of mass on a IPSC target at 100.  POI looks like it's just a little higher than the 150g I'm zero'ed with.  Now that I know they will function, I'll load some more and test for accuracy.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top