Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:08:55 AM EDT
Picked up some of the Remington 220gr OTM ammo as I wait for my Gemtech can to return and was kinda shocked when I opened up the box.  I have heard of a few reports of lack luster accuracy from various 300blk ammo, in particular the subsonic stuff.  

But to a guy with some precision shooting and reloading experience, this was just unacceptable.  The OAL of the rounds were wildly variable.  Below wasn't the worst rounds, I literally just grabbed a handful from the box of 20 and lined them up.  

I measured the OAL of all the rounds in the two boxes and it was horribly inconsistent.  I emailed Remington and they seem to be taking the situation very serious and have forwarded my pictures on to the engineer responsible for the round supposedly and also a few production managers.  I will also be shipping the ammo back to them for inspection.  

I am very new to the round so not sure if this is a known problem but still scratching my head on how this got past quality control at Remington.  If this is the norm for stuff coming off the 300BLK production line than I can likely see where concerns for subsonic accuracy come from.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Well considering my father once had a factory box of Remington 10 gauge with a 12 randomly suck in it that was discovered only after he fired it, or the time he had one of their hunting loads failed to go off on a whitetail this does not surprise me at all...
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
HSM and PNW arms do a much better job with thier ammo, Remington is hit or miss, I bought several boxes of UMC 115 gr rounds and seating depth was all over the place in some boxes consistent in others.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol wtf?

I realize anyone can screw up, but that seems rather dangerous. Maybe Blk is not the highest pressure round, but that is piss poor qc.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top