Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:45:40 PM EDT
I have a barrel/bolt coming but I have to send my stripped upper out to widen the ejection port.  I have an upper with Feedramps cut into them as one that doesn't.  If the 450 Bushmaster doesn't need them then I'll the one without them and save the other for another project that might need them.  Anyway, does anyone have a picture of theirs with or without them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
M4 feed ramps are not needed on any of the big bores.  Think about it.  M4 feed ramps are for rounds feeding from the left and right sides of the magazine.  The .458 S, .450 B, and .50B all feed from the center and that is why the center lug is reduced somewhat, almost blending the left and right feed ramps into one wide ramp.  Ergo, the M4 feed ramps cut into the upper are superfluous.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!  I really appreciate your answer and knowledge and always taking time to help those of us just starting to dabble in the big bores!
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I checked my own 20" Bushmaster upper, and it is as Big Bore says. No M4 ramps, the entire bottom part of the barrel extension is relieved for feeding from the center.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I checked my own 20" Bushmaster upper, and it is as Big Bore says. No M4 ramps, the entire bottom part of the barrel extension is relieved for feeding from the center.

Is there a way for you to take a picture of yours?  I'd like to see the barrel extension and how everything looks.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If you do a google image search, you can see what it looks like.

Google is magic, I tell you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#6]
After looking at that picture I can see why M4 feedramps put into the upper would really serve no good.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top