Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:57:06 PM EDT
I decided to buy a 6.8 SPC II barrel from PSA at a great price. Should be here soon. So as I am gathering up a order list of all parts I need I am finding everything but the 6.8 Bolt. I know Stag Arms has them in stock stripped but I really dont want a stag. Id prefer to get a complete carrier but cant find that either. So I am thinking on buying a 300 AAC blackout barrel. The question is am I safe to assume the 300 AAC uses same bold and magazines as the 5.56? If so this would make my build so much easier..Im going nuts finding a good bolt for the 6.8.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I decided to buy a 6.8 SPC II barrel from PSA at a great price. Should be here soon. So as I am gathering up a order list of all parts I need I am finding everything but the 6.8 Bolt. I know Stag Arms has them in stock stripped but I really dont want a stag. Id prefer to get a complete carrier but cant find that either. So I am thinking on buying a 300 AAC blackout barrel. The question is am I safe to assume the 300 AAC uses same bold and magazines as the 5.56? If so this would make my build so much easier..Im going nuts finding a good bolt for the 6.8.

Jeremy

What's wrong with a stag Bolt Assy?  Mine work just fine. AR15Performance.com has the complete BCG in stock. I also have one of those,they also work just fine..Ar15 BCG are one of the best on the market.

RJ
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I totally forgot about ar15performance... I had a stag before and the bolt broke by cam pin 100 rounds into it.. SoI sent it back and they send me a new one... after I started using the new one I got about 500 rounds into this one and same thing. Again they sent new one. I set it aside and used a BCM one and nothign since. not saying there all bad but just bad luck.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Stag 6.8 bolt.  It's made by CMT.  They are GTG.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Their barrels are also on sale. Maybe you should have looked there first.  My Stag bolts have about three thousand rounds down the tube.

Good luck on your build.

RJ
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Their barrels are also on sale. Maybe you should have looked there first.  My Stag bolts have about three thousand rounds down the tube.

Good luck on your build.

RJ

Wouldve looked there first had I remembered them.... Its one of those moments you look everywhere and you know your forgetting something.. That was the one I forgot...
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]
wilson combat i elieve has complete bcg for the 6.8
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
For the best 6.8 SPC bolt, I think you have two options:
LWRC Advanced Combat Bolt
LMT Enhanced bolt

Both are going to cost you. I think LWRC makes a non-ABC 6.8 bolt that is more or less a "standard" bolt. People tout AR performance but I have never used them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LMT Enhanced bolt

Both are going to cost you. I think LWRC makes a non-ABC 6.8 bolt that is more or less a "standard" bolt. People tout AR performance but I have never used them.

Just picked up the 6.8 lmt enhanced on the EE....SCORE!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMT Enhanced bolt

Just picked up the 6.8 lmt enhanced on the EE....SCORE!

I saw that and thought of this thread. Nice job!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget to check headspace before you pull the trigger.  Good luck and congratulations.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
how important is it really to check headspace? I usually dont on my 5.56 rifles.. like DD barrel and BCM BCG... or vise versa..
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Using a new bolt and barrel from a good brand, most of the time you will be fine. Used parts can be a crap shoot though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Using a new bolt and barrel from a good brand, most of the time you will be fine. Used parts can be a crap shoot though.

That's kinda what I was thinking new enhanced 6.8 bcg and new PSA barrel.  I'm thinking ill just drop it in and run it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Stag is a good bolt.  Mine has been through alot of rounds and is still good as new.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Stag is a good bolt.  Mine has been through alot of rounds and is still good as new.

From what I have been reading here and over at the 68FORUM is LMT makes them for Stag. I thought Stag did all there stuff in house..
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have been reading here and over at the 68FORUM is LMT makes them for Stag. I thought Stag did all there stuff in house..

Stag is the retail brand of CMT (Continental Machine Tool), a USGI contractor.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Stag/CMT, LMT, RRA, Barrett, and Wilson Combat are good sources for a 6.8 bolt.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top