Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:00:05 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find a barrel. Had one one back order at Wilson Combat
and cancelled my order because the couldn't give me a E.T.A. .
Then ordered a CMMG barrel from sportsman's guide!  Was put in back order, the said it would be
April 19 when it shipped! Got email today saying it would be May 15be WTF!
Is everyone in the free world trying to build a 300 blackout?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Here:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/barrels/psa-16-hammer-forged-chrome-lined-300-aac-barrel.html

Here:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/211944/ar-stoner-barrel-ar-15-300-aac-blackout-762x35mm-medium-contour-1-in-8-twist-16-stainless-steel

In stock at the time of this post.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know anything about Ar-stoner. I don't have any confidence in quality of PSA after buying several of their lowers. Anyone
have one pf the PSA 300 blackout barrels?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a Grim Reaper Tactical 8" .300 barrel. I called him and he took very good care of me. Nice guy to talk to. Ive been very happy with the performance too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't know anything about Ar-stoner. I don't have any confidence in quality of PSA after buying several of their lowers. Anyone

My AR Stoner has been 100% from day one. 200 plus rounds down range.  All but 4 of my shots fired have been reloads.

I think their FN barrels would be OK, I have not heard of any problems.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with a Wilson Combat barrel and couldn't be happier. They are worth the wait.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I had already waited over a month! I have no  patience! Went to order from midway guess what out of stock. I am never posting anything else about parts instock on here. As soon as I posted about AR-Stoner barrels,  in a hour they were sold out!
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
i got a wilson 14.5 with 200 rnds down the pipe i will to you 250 shipped with lo pro gas block and a 18t aac black out flash hider
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Houston Armory has barrels, but not very many.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I also have one of the AR Stoner Barrels in ss. Great barrel, great price.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Give this a looky....

Spike's Tactical

Rob
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought one of the 16" PSA complete uppers, arrived at my door 6 days after ordering :) (unlike DSArms that had pushed my dates back constantly).  Have yet to fire (lack of ammo) but no complaints so far.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a 16" from Spike's through my dealer, it's been a few weeks and still no barrel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Spikes does not have them in stock when I called last week.  They are waiting on them to arrive.  I cancelled my order and got one at HA.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't understand why somebody hasn't really ramped up on these as everybody seems to be out of stock of everything!

Before Aaron and Delta Company Arms seemed to implode and disappear from the face of the planet I had one on order with them about 6 months ago.

Then I had a CMMG on order through Midway and they kept pushing the date back so I called CMMG directly and was told mid May so I just went ahead and ordered one from them. Yesterday i called Grim Reaper Tactical and spoke with them. Seemed very nice on the phone and would custom do what I wanted so I ordered a 10.5" with pistol length gas and a FSB pinned at the carbine position and threaded in 1/2X36.

He said no problem and he was expecting some more blanks in about 2 weeks so one of those would be mine. He said his last shipment of blanks was 15!

So I can't speak for there quality but have read good things on-line about them, was pleased in speaking with them on the phone and should have what I want in a few weeks! Try giving them a call and see what they tell you. No charges until it's ready to ship!
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
midway is showing ar stoner barrels in stock right now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#16]
This is one of the hottest rounds right now.

Midway didn't sell out because someone posted here. Everywhere is selling out...FAST!

Get on a list and be patient. Get ammo...lots of Ammo. It's harder finding that then barrels, unless you reload.

There are (lots of)several people out there who make Blackout barrels. You gotta find them and check every day for inventory.

CMMG...PS check midway...they are in stock right now!!!....

I got a 14.7" Wilson and love it. Shoots DEAD on!.

Link Posted: 4/12/2012 2:40:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Wilson had them stock the other day.  I got mine the 11" within a week of ordering.

Link Posted: 4/12/2012 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I got the AR Stoner medium contour. it looks very well made and has 5R rifleing. I am looking forward to getting the parts together for the build
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody had an issue putting a suppressor on a CMMG 300BLK barrel?  The one review said that the barrel wont work with his suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
JSE.com has a few CMMGs in stock $200.00
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Got my barrel in that I ordered from Midway usa and there may be a problem with it.
When you look at the end of the barrel it looks like bore is not completely round!
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Better hope it isnt completely round, the smoothbore 300 Blackout barrels are a baffle strike waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I have the PSA barrel and I like it a lot.  It has done a good job with all of the different experiments of loads that I have made so far.  Shot flawlessly and accurate.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
My friend has an all PSA one.  We shot together today.  I shot it some.  Great quality and at a great price.  I would like to build one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have the PSA barrel and I like it a lot.  It has done a good job with all of the different experiments of loads that I have made so far.  Shot flawlessly and accurate.

Can see some pictures of your brass?

I'm having issues with mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#26]
No problem with barrel. Sent pictures of barrel to manufacturer and they said it looked normal!
The said the 5R rifling causes a optical illusion at end of barrel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can see some pictures of your brass?

I'm having issues with mine.

what kind of problems are you having?

I know I have had some dented case mouths, but I figured it was just bouncing off of the shell deflector.  I have reloaded all the ones that I shot, so I don't have any empty brass.  Here is a pic of the ones that I fired and have reloaded:

I use the Lee Factory Crimp die.

Link Posted: 4/13/2012 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

what kind of problems are you having?

I'm getting some odd markings on the necks of my brass.
Kinda looks like a HK fluted chamber but only on the neck.
Right away for the first 50 rounds it was almost scratching the brass.
I can chamber a round and extract it without marks, but if I fire it I get lengthwise marks.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

The other 5 barrels were just fine, but this one marks brass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I bought six PSA CL barrels.  All but one seems pretty good.  They like the 125 sierras and 110 vmax if that helps.  And case annealing looks promising too.  I got that tip from arfcom

Hope this helps.

110 Vmax

Link Posted: 4/13/2012 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#30]
There is an email into PSA about it but we havent heard anything back yet.
Just wondering if this is normal for their barrels or if this one is different.

Here are pics of the marks:

Link Posted: 4/22/2012 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Just ordered a Wilson Recon contour 16" 1 in 8" twist from Midway for $260 TYD.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top