Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:59:13 PM EDT
I got a $850 gift certificate to Buds and I'm trying to figure what I want.  Initially I wanted a Remington Wingmaster 870 for trap shooting but I think I'd rather keep shooting my Mossy 500 for trap and get something I can hunt with and shoot zombies at a longer range (compared to my DD M4).  I was trying to decide between a Bushy 308 where I would have to add about $350 versus a Bushy 6.8 upper for less than $500 and I can get an EoTech to go with it and still be under budget.  Which one should I do?  What would I enjoy in the long run?  I know the .308 ammo is cheaper and more readily available but the fact that I can get an upper and optic for just under the value of my gift certificate makes that a potential buy for me.  

For the record, I have an older Spikes lower that is not being used right now and is just waiting for an upper.  I plan to go hunting in February with whichever rifle I decide on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
tough choice.
get a .45 =)
I would go the 6.8 route since you have that lonely lower already. If your planing on hunting out to any kind of range will that eotech be enough? I personally prefer magnified optics for hunting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
tough choice.
get a .45 =)
I would go the 6.8 route since you have that lonely lower already. If your planing on hunting out to any kind of range will that eotech be enough? I personally prefer magnified optics for hunting.

Great question!  I was going to get a magnifier to go along with the EoTech.  What other optics would you recommend in that eotech price range?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top