Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:44:56 AM EDT
Hi.  I'm trying to find out who all makes AR barrels chambered in 6.5 Grendel.  I know of Alexander Arms, but most of the other companies I knew of switched over to the .264LBC, and I don't want that.  (I know they're close and interchangeable, but I still would prefer a true 6.5 Grendel chamber)

Ideally, I'm looking for a 20-24" cut rifled SS barrel.  

Thanks everybody!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Call AA they have the 24 in stock I believe.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Right now, AA is the main source for Grendel chamber barrels. There are still some Grendel chambered Satern barrels floating around, I saw a couple on Gunbroker last week, so you might be able to find one of those.
Since the Grendel just went mainstream, it might take awhile for the other barrel guys to start doing genuine Grendel chambers, if they switch at all. For most shooters, the 264 chamber works, so unless enough customers ask for them, they may not invest in a Grendel reamer.
I would rather have an original chamber also, if AA gets there new barrels ready before I save up the cash, I will go with them. If not, I will have to settle for one of the 264 barrels.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi.  I'm trying to find out who all makes AR barrels chambered in 6.5 Grendel.  I know of Alexander Arms, but most of the other companies I knew of switched over to the .264LBC, and I don't want that.  (I know they're close and interchangeable, but I still would prefer a true 6.5 Grendel chamber)

Ideally, I'm looking for a 20-24" cut rifled SS barrel.  

Thanks everybody!!!!  

A cut rifled barrel for accuracy but a general purpose chamber?
Satern stopped making Grendel barrels but may start producing the 264LBC, they are cut rifled.
Bartlein, Krieger and Rock produce cut rifled blanks for Apx $330 then you will have to pay a smith to chamber, thread and install the extension probably another $200.
I don't see a company ever producing a large amount of cut rifled Grendels, just too expensive but having them custom made is easy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Try LWPT! It seems that they have some Grendel blanks from back in the day. And they were the original Mfg so there is a bit of History there.  And they were treated  justt like Satern Custom..
They would love to lower that inventory and those are quality barrels.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Alexander Arms is probably going to be your best bet.  I just ordered a 20" from them yesterday for my build.  I tried finding other manufacturers but went with AA for simplicity and cost sake.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try LWPT! It seems that they have some Grendel blanks from back in the day. And they were the original Mfg so there is a bit of History there.  And they were treated  justt like Satern Custom..
They would love to lower that inventory and those are quality barrels.

link
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replys!!!

I expect $500-600 for a cut rifled barrel.  You gotta pay to play!

I've never heard of LWPT before.  I'll check em out.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
J&T has 6.5 barrels

http://jtdistributing.net/store/page144.html

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Lothar Walther barrels are not cut rifled, just as an fyi.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
search, alot of places have 6.5 grendel stuff, popular round, and scary accurate
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top