Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:44:07 PM EDT
Will a standard M4/A2 FSB work on the older thickness (height) DPMS style .308 Uppers?

I am getting to the point of rebuilding my .308 AR (see my problem solving thread a few pages in) and am wanting to start with one of JP Ent. Adjustable Gas Blocks and the one with the Iron sights knocks out two birds with one stone.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The older LR-308 lo-profile upper receiver is higher than the AP4 or Armalite uppers, and you need a special front sight solution to that upper if you want iron sights.  I would just get a new upper, if you really want irons.  With the DPMS specific quad rail meant for the LR-308, you can have a rail that is the same height, then use a clamp-on iron sight for your front, but I think a new upper is actually cheaper.

The LR-308 uppers seem to have been geared specifically for scope mounting without needing extra-high rings.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top