Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/8/2011 1:06:54 PM EDT
Am looking for info on a loader for my ASC (formerally named C Products) 7.62x39 magazines.  Tried the LULA for .223 which snaps on the mags but cannot load.  I am 76 and have weak thumbs, so it could be a problem.  Nothing I have looked at specifically mentions AR-15 7.62.  Any help here?

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I tried an AK-47 Spoon, but it was too big.
Now to keep from cutting my thumbs up, (especially in cold weather) I just don't load
them all of the way.

Jack...
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Lula .223 loader as well, I was trying to modify mine to extend the 'lobes' that push the rounds down but haven't found anything that holds up. It's a little easier if you push down on the loader but once you get past 15 rounds it gets harder so I use a small socket screw driver and push on the nose of the round to get it to fully seat in the mag. So far the socket screwdriver and the Lula together work the best, but it's still not as easy as loading a 5.56 PMAG. I'm keeping an eye out fo some heavy rubber caps that would fit over the lobes of the speedloader but they'd have to be JUST the right size to stay on. if anyone else makes a better loader I haven't found it yet...
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Could you take the lever arm from a 308 LULA and use it on a .223 body?  Just thinking out loud.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top