Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 9:11:30 PM EDT
Does one exist?  Any ideas?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
With supersonic gases coming out of the brake's ports, none will be quiet.

You need a suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't need it to be that quiet.  That may have been the wrong choice of words.  Just something that doesn't have all the concussion effects that some of the brakes have.  I may just have to go with an a2 style.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Any brake that has large ports on the sides will be loud. More small ports will not produce as much blast but be careful of those brakes that have a big internal chamber like the Battle comp and FSC30 they allow gases to get around the bullet while still in the comp or brake and disrupt bullet stability. There is a reason most brakes are designed for the bore to be apx .040-.060 larger than the bullet dia.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Suppressor...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Accuracy Systems has a "Queit Brake" with the holes to the front. I am sure it will also be the least effective.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#6]
VAIS or one of that style, linear type.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't thing "quiet" and "break" could be used in the same sentence.    Thats why I went the supressor route.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I didn't thing "quiet" and "break" could be used in the same sentence.    Thats why I went the supressor route.

At the very least, "quiet" and "effective" don't belong when discussing brakes!

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The PRI Quiet Control Brake isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The PRI Quiet Control Brake isn't too bad.

I forgot about those thanks for the heads up.

Anyone have any experience with the Vltor brakes?

link
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top