Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 5:34:06 PM EDT
I'm new to the 308 world. I decided to start out with a DPMS 20" 7.62 NATO (which is on order).

I'm looking for a modular free float rail - I prefer most of my rail to be smooth, and just add picatinny rails where I actually would hang something.

So far, my search has turned up Troy's BattleRail and JP's VTAC handguards

Are there any others out there? Anyone have either of those two? What do you think?

I assume I cannot use my AR15's armorer's wrench to install the handguards - do I just order DPMS's tool, or is there another tool that is preferred?

Thanks,
H.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
PRI makes a carbon fiber modular and Samson MFG is suppose to be coming out with an Evo rail for the LR series rifles in the near future.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote would be PRI
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My vote would be PRI

Looks like you're biased.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait a second is that "New" DPMS pattern.... and the one you're waiting for the group buy barrel for??
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#5]
KAC

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My vote would be PRI

Looks like you're biased.

A little
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wait a second is that "New" DPMS pattern.... and the one you're waiting for the group buy barrel for??

Moto I didn't know you were over here too.  Yes that's my little pet project that's waiting on the BHW barrel.  That is the Mega upper/lower set that has been all the rage lately...  I'm not sure what your asking, it's a Mega (like I posted earlier) they use the "old, high" DPMS rail height...  PRI sells the 2 different rails that run the length of the gun in both DPMS "old/high" and "new/low" rail hieghts.  But I don't want the entire rail or the added weight, without the entire rail they match up great..
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah I'm new around here..... been a member for a while but I just kind of lurk. It didn't even dawn on my that it wasn't a DPMS upper. Guess I was stuck on the PRI tube. I want that tube in the worst way but they don't make one for the stupid new DPMS height yet. That things looks really nice..... If you just had my barrel you would be set.... I had not idea fluting would take that much longer. Ok im done with my thread jacking.... I'm now back in hiding.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]
PS theses are my 2 favorite guns ever. The brown one has been my motivation for a couple months now.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top