Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2010 6:04:03 PM EDT
I just finished my first 6.8 I traded for the upper complete it's a WOA barrel YHM handguard but not sure of upper reciever and bolt keyhole marked is all I know and says M4 on the front of upper. Lower is rock river w/ 2 stage rock river trigger Scope is a leupold mk4 MRT 2.5-8x w/illuminated TMR reticle and larue mount. Surefire scout 600c led It has a BCM charging handle w/the large latch (I hate it pinches the hell out of your finger when you rip on it at least for me it does) ggg bipod, houge grip. It's pretty close to what I pictured when I started except the stock gonna get a better one just think that car stocks on an 18inch gun looks crazy and I don't want a stock thats gonna add a bunch of weight. It seems to shoot well only had a chance to shoot about 100 rounds through it. Haven't been able to do any real accuracy testing honestly I'm not sure if I would know were to start. I think I'm just gonna start with a hundred meter zero and destroy some coyotes for awhile. got a bunch of questions but I'll save them for another thread    Oh ya and the Pmag is just for looks its a 5.56 one the other mags I have are beat up

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. I hope to have one soon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rig!  Love the scope.

When I saw the PMAG I was like.  But then I read your post.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice, what is the twist? what bolt did you use?

have you been on 6.8 forums yet
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
it's a 1.11 not sure the brand of bolt though no I haven't been to the 6.8 forums I will soon though
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great, I love A2 stocks and would have nothing but if my daughter could shoot with them.
You will love the 6.8
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.. I plan on building one with WOA barrel soon... Any advantage to having the 18 over the 16 inch barrel?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I would like a report when you get some time behind that scope.  I was debating between that one and the Nightforce 2.5-10x32 NSX.  I ended up
going with the Nighforce, but that Leupy MK4 MRT  looked nice as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking boom stick.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice.. I plan on building one with WOA barrel soon... Any advantage to having the 18 over the 16 inch barrel?

I think the primary difference would be a little extra velocity.  I've got a 16 inch WOA barrel on my 6.8 that shoots sub-moa for 5 shot groups.  It loves the SSA 85 gr TSX the best (sub-moa .6-.9 moa on the last trip), the SSA 110 gr +100 gr Accubonds shoot 1-1.5 moa (very limited # of groups, 4 total).  The SSA 115 gr OTM showed a lot of promise too but I shot all of that up using a milspec trigger.  I'd have 3-4 shots touching and then screw up my pull and there goes the group ().  Accuracy improved dramatically when I changed to an LMT lower with a 2 stage trigger, lol.  WOA makes a damn fine barrel, and I know I'm to blame for any bad groups with mine.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice looking stick you have there!

I hunt primarily with an 18" Bison built upper myself (on an ACE Skeleton stock).  It's a damn tack driver!

And as for the 18" vs 16" barrel question, it's just a little more velocity and slightly better balance with my stock setup.  I knew the weights of the barrels and the stocks and all that when I "built" the rifle in my mind, and I tried it out with several 16" and 18" barrels.  The Bison 18" recon barrel with a standard free floated handguard ended up being a perfect balance for my rifle...

ETA - Stupid picture is not showing at the moment...
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey quick question. Do these things take 308 muzzle brakes hiders ect??? If I end up swapping the one on there out you would just use a 308 sized onje with the correct thread pattern right??
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well if you go with an 18" barrel you'll get a little more velocity, the big deal is going with a mid length gas system, less strain n pressure on the bolt n stuff, research the 68forums about it and they go into more details n stuff as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top