Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2010 1:48:05 PM EDT
Well I finally got a chance to shoot my new MWS this past week.  After zeroing my AGOC, I was able to shoot 1-1/2MOA groups at 100yards with quality factory ammo.  The rifle functioned flawlessly for the 150 rounds down the tube.  I have noticed that ejection was in the 1:30 position for every type of ammo fired.  This would include Federal American Eagle, Black Hill's, Hornady  all 308 with several bullet weights.  So should I be concerned that the gun is over gased because of the 1:30 ejection position or not?  I would also make the observation that ejection distance wasn't near as far as many of the AR rifles I've fired.  In many cases the spent cases were sitting on the table right next to the gun.

I might add that I'm running the stock H3 buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would wait til I experienced an actual fte before I started to be concerned about gas issues....lots of things can slightly change your ejection pattern and at the end of the day who really cares where it ejects as long as it clears the breech.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well I finally got a chance to shoot my new MWS this past week.  After zeroing my AGOC, I was able to shoot 1-1/2MOA groups at 100yards with quality factory ammo.  The rifle functioned flawlessly for the 150 rounds down the tube.  I have noticed that ejection was in the 1:30 position for every type of ammo fired.  This would include Federal American Eagle, Black Hill's, Hornady  all 308 with several bullet weights.  So should I be concerned that the gun is over gased because of the 1:30 ejection position or not?  I would also make the observation that ejection distance wasn't near as far as many of the AR rifles I've fired.  In many cases the spent cases were sitting on the table right next to the gun.

I might add that I'm running the stock H3 buffer and spring.

Searchin, will you keep us up to speed on your accuracy results?  What was the size of the worst groups, and how consistant was your groups through your different loads.  I love this kind of info.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Will do.  I spent most of the shoot the other day getting the ACOG zeroed.  I did notice that the LMT didn't like the American Eagle 150 gr; were as my Fulton Armory Titan loves it.  I hope to get out within the next week and shoot several different quality ammo's at different ranges and will post results ASAP.

My best 5 shot groups on day 1 were from the 155gr. A-Max in both Black Hills and Hornady loadings.  Strings were fired at a rapid rate (3 to 5 seconds apart) with a hot barrel.  1 to 1.5 MOA at 100yds.  The 168 gr. A-Max from Black Hills shot very close to these as well.  The 175gr. BTHP Black Hills groups ran 2 to 3 MOA.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will do.  I spent most of the shoot the other day getting the ACOG zeroed.  I did notice that the LMT didn't like the American Eagle 150 gr; were as my Fulton Armory Titan loves it.  I hope to get out within the next week and shoot several different quality ammo's at different ranges and will post results ASAP.

My best 5 shot groups on day 1 were from the 155gr. A-Max in both Black Hills and Hornady loadings.  Strings were fired at a rapid rate (3 to 5 seconds apart) with a hot barrel.  1 to 1.5 MOA at 100yds.  The 168 gr. A-Max from Black Hills shot very close to these as well.  The 175gr. BTHP Black Hills groups ran 2 to 3 MOA.

Looking forward to it Searchin, can't wait to see what it does with a clean cool bbl.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking forward to it Searchin, can't wait to see what it does with a clean cool bbl.

Hey Searchin, have you had time to get to the range?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would wait til I experienced an actual fte before I started to be concerned about gas issues....lots of things can slightly change your ejection pattern and at the end of the day who really cares where it ejects as long as it clears the breech.

My MWS ejects to the 2o'clock position using Hornady 165 SST Surper Performance. Hunting last week after I shot a doe a buck comes out I pull the trigger and nothing, I have a case that didn't eject holding my bolt open. That broke my heart. My fault also for not checking the gun after the every shot when I had the time to do so.
I have shot 100rds of that ammo and so far only had that one issue with this MWS.
Other important fact it's the 16" CL flavor.

Edit: more info that may help or not.  The casing that did eject went out the small hole of the blind and landed infront of it.  Same as in the range my brass always lands on the floor infront of the table with this MWS.

Accuracy is amazing tho and as long as I don't get any more FTE's I'm very happy with the weapon.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top