Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:01:28 AM EDT
From what I've heard, there "used" to be a forum for the .458 SOCOM, but apparently it is extinct.  Is there any website that shows a plethora of reload data for the SOCOM without having to put individual  "bullet specific" posts on this arfcom Variants site?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This site is the best for load info.  Use the search feature for 458 SOCOM.

The real 458 site will be rejuvenated at some point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Until Marty's IT people get the 458 SOCOM forum back up it's search this forum and the reloading forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=42

and since you're a team member don't forget to search the archived reloading forum
http://www.ar15.com/archive/archive.html

TIP: using "458" as the keyword will bring up more hits than "458 SOCOM"

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was afraid of... you've got to search the archives on a specific bullet and then ready through dozens of posts.  No body has compiled a list of bullets and loads like Alexander Arms website has for the Beowulf?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
What Bullet are you interested in?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's what I was afraid of... you've got to search the archives on a specific bullet and then ready through dozens of posts.  No body has compiled a list of bullets and loads like Alexander Arms website has for the Beowulf?

I have a bunch of load data, but I don't "think" I have access to it at my office PC.  I know I have it on my Mac at my house, and my other PC...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or you could send an EMail and get several spreadsheets for several bullets plus a "compilation" of load data that has been published in national magazines.  One very large bullet company has their pressure barrel and is working on adding it to their manual...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Gee, I wonder which company that would be??  What bullet company has made two bullets specifically for the .458 SOCOM?  I wonder who that could be; it is such a mystery!  Another reason to wait for #5 to come out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gee, I wonder which company that would be??  What bullet company has made two bullets specifically for the .458 SOCOM?  I wonder who that could be; it is such a mystery!  Another reason to wait for #5 to come out.

Unless they are spending a ton on research with multiple powder options for their multiple bullet options...

I'd rather pay to piss on the book than buy it.

This is a technically appropriate answer to Barnes Reloading Manuals 1-4.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top