Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 4:34:13 PM EDT
just curious I tried it with my 458 and a weaver 3x10 and the scope kept slipping in the rings , a heads up I had this on a 308 with no issues.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have a Burris PEPR and a Vortex Scope mounted on my RRA 458 SOCOM.  3 shots and it was zeroed at 30 yards. 3 more shots and it was 2 inches high at 100 yard.  I had a scope slip once and since then, after mounting any scope; I take a pencil and mark the scope tube before and after each side of both rings as a quick-check visual indicator of slippage.

What size is your scope tube? 1 inch or 30 MM
What size is your PEPR? 1 Inch or 30 MM?

You can put a 1 inch tube into a 30 mm ring but it will not hold the scope.  If you try to put the 30MM inside of a 1 inch ring, you will eventually crush the tube.

Someone out there does make a 30MM to 1 inch reducing insert for rings. I have never tried them but understand they work pretty well. I could see just buying 30MM rings and using the inserts as it would allow your optics to be switched back and forth between 1 inch and 30 MM.

I use the purple lock-tight on my ring screws.  This has also helped me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
both scope and rings are 1 inch. I made sure of that before I ever mounted them . I really wasnt to impressed with the pepr mount when I got it and thought about sending it back . I have some good weaver rings that have held a 2x7 on the socom through close to 1000 rounds . I will be switching back to my leupold 2x7 soon anyway because deer season is coming soon . I think I will pick up some more of the weaver rings and put the scope back on my 308 or one of my 223,s.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
got the 30mm pepr mount and a leupold VX3 1.5x5 and havent had any problems.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
cool I probably got the one made on friday afternoon in shanghi.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top