Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2010 1:07:52 PM EDT
I'm looking at a Olympic Arms Gamestalker in 300 Olympic Super Short Magnum.  Anyone have any experience with it?  They claim near-.30-06 ballistics.  I would love a .30 in a compact AR-15 package.  I do 90% of my deer hunting from a tree stand.  They sell a Hornady reloading die for it, so ammo shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the link below on the Olympic Arms Owners Association forum.  It will have everything you're looking for.

http://www.oa2.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=66
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  General perceptions:

1.  Yes, it will exceed 30-06 ballistics with 150 grain bullets (I have achieved 3200 fps in one load, 3000 fps performs better though).
2.  The factory HSM ammo is terrible (shoots patterns) out of my gun.
3.  You will have difficulty using many 165 grain and up size bullets due to magazine length restrictions.
4.  With handloading, I have been able to get acceptable accuracy for a 250 yard huting platform.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top