Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:22:32 AM EDT
Has anyone had experience shooting both ?

What were your observations ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
tag for interest
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I have and the OBR is definitely the way to go, if you have the choice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm shopping for input at this point.

Still trying to decide between the LaRue OBR, LMT MWS, Knight, and the LWRC REPR.

Other options are a GA Precision built AR-10 and Noveske .308

All that I'm set on is .308 accurate platform in AR style.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
ibtss
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
??????
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well I'm shopping for input at this point.

Still trying to decide between the LaRue OBR, LMT MWS, Knight, and the LWRC REPR.

Other options are a GA Precision built AR-10 and Noveske .308

All that I'm set on is .308 accurate platform in AR style.

I have a DPMS that I have modded/shot, but I just purchased (not yet received) the LMT MWS after spending some quality time with one.  I've shot all the others, but never really put any of them through the paces like I have the DPMS and the LMT (and the RRA LAR-8, but you didn't ask about that platform).

As far as I'm concerned, they're all good guns, but the LMT is pretty much the exact setup I want, and it comes that way out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]
OK here's an update- just shot my brand new OBR 3 days ago and it was doing 3/4" @ 100 meters out of the box. I am sure I can even do better, it was the first time I fired it. All I did was add my scope and bipod to it. I have never seen this performance by myself and very few other people - these people being qualified military snipers- out of any KAC variant, although its normal to shoot groups like this or smaller with M40s and M24s. I was able to get sub 2" groups at 200 (cant tell the exact size as I didnt bring a caliper) and right at 3" at 300.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have the cash get a KAC rifle, if not the LMT or OBR is a excellent alternative.

FREE
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
GAP.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top