Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2010 8:24:24 AM EDT
Okay... I need to pull the bullets from some loaded ammo.  What's the best way to do it?  The rebated rim makes using my inertia hammer impractical because the 3-split shell holders can't get a grip on the round.  Any advice?  If I have to order a collet pulling system, which one is recommended and what items do I need?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Use a standard shell holder (like you use on your press) instead of the 3 piece collet in your inerta hammer
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I flip the three jaw collet upside down and pull bullets that way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Okay... I need to pull the bullets from some loaded ammo.  What's the best way to do it?  The rebated rim makes using my inertia hammer impractical because the 3-split shell holders can't get a grip on the round.  Any advice?  If I have to order a collet pulling system, which one is recommended and what items do I need?   Thanks.

I have a collet puller. Much better than the hammer types.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Use a standard shell holder (like you use on your press) instead of the 3 piece collet in your inerta hammer

Man.... these forums are the cat's meow!    I love them.  I never thought of that... using the Lee/RCBS shellholder from your press in your inertia puller and forget about those silly 3-piece collets held together with the o-ring.  It worked perfectly.   I just needed to lengthen the OAL on some loaded cartridges and this method allowed me to do it effortlessly.  

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If you send them to me, I'll shoot them out for you
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top