Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:59:51 AM EDT
Hello,

I have it in mind to put together a rifle in 6.8 SPC.  I ordered a spike's lower to build on, so I'd thought I'd start by looking at Spikes 6.8 upper offerings.  Anyone have any experience with this upper?

Spikes 6.8 upper

Is this a new product for them?  Its a 16" midlength, which is what I was thinking of building.  

What are peoples thoughts / experiences with Lothar Walther barrels vs. White Oak in 6.8?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Spikes 6.8, very accurate and everything you would expect from them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Spikes uses top quality parts.  I wouldn't hesitate if they have what you want at the price you want.  

If you are looking for lower budget or custom options, there's always Bison Armory.  

http://bisonarmory.com/store_1618_A2.html

They have a similarly equipped upper for $600, but it uses the ER Shaw barrel instead of WOA or LW.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a ton of good information from  68forums.com.  I have owned two 6.8 uppers, both of which I built and hand load for.  The latest was with a Bison armory barrel, Young NM BCG, Larue fore rail, vltor low pro gas block (under rail, mid length gas)  I can say nothing but great things about the barrel.  It is stainless, 1:11 twist, 4 groove, SPC II chamber, and it is a tack driver.  After 45 rounds of break in I shot a 5 shot group at 200 yards and it measured 1.15 inches, or (.575 MOA).  Try the Bison barrell, best price and performs really well.  There are tons of other testimony on 68forums.com on the Bison barrels.  Not affiliated with them, just telling my experience.  Build it up your way and enjoy...
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top