Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:52:11 PM EDT
Out of the box I noticed when shotgunning it open there seemed to be alot of wobble between the upper and lower at the front pivot pin. When closed it seemed to have the normal AR type shifting between upper and lower.

Also the hammer spring was orange. Almost like a powdered coating of orange on the spring.

Anyone else have similiar experiences with their 5.45 AR?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
my 5.45 spring was orange too. it's a pretty stout spring for setting off those hard milsurp primers.

as far as the loose fit goes, i can't really offer an opinion without knowing the manufacturer of your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the spring was painted a different color so to mark it as a heavy spring. Should not affect it at all. My upper fits great but I have it on a S&W M&P lower.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
my 5.45 spring was orange too. it's a pretty stout spring for setting off those hard milsurp primers.

as far as the loose fit goes, i can't really offer an opinion without knowing the manufacturer of your rifle.

Its a S&W M&P .   Thanks for the info on the spring.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Had no problems at all with my m&p15r. Actully pumped because my brother gave me a .223 5rd mag and it cycled just fine with that few rounds. When you put in the 5th rnd, the rnd tilts to the side, but the other 4 are GTG. Going to do some shooting with it tomorrow to see if I have any feed problems.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top