Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 1:12:55 PM EDT
I'm picking up a KKF Bulgy AK74 converted barrel-to-AR15 and I need a bolt to go with it. The only one I could find on-line for sale is a Model 1 Sales 5.45x39 complete bolt for $75.00 but I have heard nothing but negative about there quality for 25 years so I'm hesitant to say the least.

Guy I'm buying it from recommended to just machine out a 5.56/.223 bolt but that scares me as I'm aware that they heat treat on the surface so I'm thinking that my friendly machine shop will open it up enough to remove the surface hardening. Not good.

Anyone know where I can buy a real AR15 5.45 bolt or have a suggestion?

Thanks,

openbolt
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah have to machine shop open it up for you then send it out to get it case hardened again.  Or open it up, shoot it until it breaks then open another one up.  I opened mine up and have over 6000 rounds down the hose, not a problem yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top