Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:42:53 PM EDT
For those who have the Magpul Miad grip on their DPMS lowers did you have any issues installing it? The takedown pin spring doesn't want to stay put and is moving into a void where the back strap slips on the base grip, this is making the takedown pin loose because there is no tension. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul makes a piece to correct that problem:

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=353
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that and ordered one. Looking at some of the pics in the DPMS pic thread it doesn't look as if anyone else is using one unless it's a different conf. that what Magpul's website shows.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i am not using one with the MIAD on my lr308 ap4...but only because i fashioned a support piece for the takedown pin spring out of a cut piece of plastic from a disposable pen cap clip.

something like this
http://www.abilityonecatalog.com/imgLg/7520014845267.jpg
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For those who have the Magpul Miad grip on their DPMS lowers did you have any issues installing it? The takedown pin spring doesn't want to stay put and is moving into a void where the back strap slips on the base grip, this is making the takedown pin loose because there is no tension. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Read this.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top