Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2009 11:38:13 AM EDT
Sorry to start yet another 6.8 upper thread but I didnt want to highjack anyone's thread and I have slightly different needs/wants.  I have been doing some research over at 68 forums and read a little about some different companies like AR Performance/Titan Armory and Bison Armory.  Does anyone have any unbiased opinions or experience with these companies?  I was about to order a RRA or Stag 6.8 upper until I did some reading over there.  Also does anyone know what the expected wait times are for either company?  I would also be interested in any other companies that offer a good upper for under $800.  The KISS chart on that forum was informative but can someone tell me if that chart is generally excepted as being accurate or if it is biased towards certain companies?  I thought it was very helpful but wanted to make sure it wasnt just the opinion of a select few.  I thought it would be better to ask this question over here to get an unbiased answer even though i know many here are also members there.  Im mainly looking to deer hunt with the 6.8 and I appreciate any help you all can offer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered my extreme, it should be here in May. Befor I did, I knew nothing about the 6.8 and Harison answered all my questions and was real helpful. So I ordered from him. Ar15performance
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 ar15 performance uppers, all in stainless. Harrison builds good sub MOA guns.those guys on the forum pushed the 6.8 to where it is now, tweaking and testing to get the best performance and then to make it affordable to all. I really don't know what else to say those guys are the best
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The chart is straight...all you have to do is a little research on your own to verify it, if you have doubts.  :)

If you want better than the Extreme, and still be affordable, you can try one of the Recons (from the same manufacturers)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top